Newzoids Page 2

There's a problem in an impressions show when you can tell who is voicing the character even when you can't see them. All of Jon Culshaw's characters just sound like Jon Culshaw.

Overall it just felt flat and predictable.

Jeremy Clarkson is in the news for getting upset with catering and hitting someone, so the sketch has Jeremy Clarkson getting upset with catering and hitting someone. No originality or new take on the situation.

When that idea was raised in the writers room it should have immediately been followed by another writer saying 'no, no where near good enough' then everyone else agreeing.

I've got to say, I really enjoyed it.

One thing I would say is that it was a bit unfair on Ed Miliband (when compared to the other leaders), but overall, very good.

Tony

Quote: TonyT @ 15th April 2015, 11:00 PM BST

One thing I would say is that it was a bit unfair on Ed Miliband (when compared to the other leaders), but overall, very good.

I thought it actually did really well in this regard, and had a go at all of them evenly and fairly.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 15th April 2015, 10:48 PM BST

There's a problem in an impressions show when you can tell who is voicing the character even when you can't see them. All of Jon Culshaw's characters just sound like Jon Culshaw.

100% agree with you there. Same with the lovely Debra Stephenson. You could always tell it was her.

I thought it was terrible and turned it off. The writing was very poor - there are far better writers on this site.

What a stinker, really poor voices, obvious jokes and everything at a surface level.

The sole redeeming feature is it's an ITV comedy without Keith Lemon.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th April 2015, 7:34 AM BST

I thought it was terrible and turned it off. The writing was very poor - there are far better writers on this site.

I think the writing was better than Delivery Man which many writers on here liked, so it's swings and roundabouts there, Steve (if you are a Steve?).

A Stephen, yes he is. ;)

I thought it was pretty good but would be better with a better impressionist than Jon Culshaw. His Russell Brand was awful.

Well personally, I hope the programme keeps up with the high standards it's set itself.

Managed about 4mins before turning off. Awful.

No staying power the people on this site.

Well I loved it. More savage than I thought it might be in these politically correct times. Happy to see them go further. I'm looking forward to seeing it develop into something really spectacular over the first series. It will make the election bearable. I can't watch Nigel Farage now without imagining his eye rotating!

SootyJ said "The sole redeeming feature is it's an ITV comedy without Keith Lemon. "

I find myself asking... "You mean there's a comedy show with Keith Lemon?"

Managed about 3 minutes of the tripe. It's basically just a revamp of Headcases but it's now changed title and is even more rubbish.

Alongside The Delivery Man too, another poor offering from ITV.