G'day

G'day just here to pick a few brains with regards to UK comedy shows. A lot of conversations at home start with "do you remember that guy?" or "he was in that show?" anyway I just need someone to fill in the blanks as the guy I live with really has no idea, unless you talk about Cricket and AFL.

Strumpet
:D

Welcome cobbler. ;)

G'day mate,

G'day Strumpet, love the name.

Welcome. How could I ignore a pair of legs like that although I have to be careful as I live with a Kiwi.

Welcome strumpet.

Nice moniker etc. etc.

Australia means beach.

What is the weirdest thing you have done on one? :)

What is it with you and weird things done on beaches?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th April 2015, 3:56 PM BST

Welcome strumpet.

Nice moniker etc. etc.

Australia means beach.

What is the weirdest thing you have done on one? :)

Well There was this time when...(No you might be under 18) um, well I guess the usual strip naked and go skinny dipping, just have to mind the reef sharks, buggers like to nip you.

So What have you done weird on a freeway?

Strumpet

Thanks for the reply's guys as for living with a Kiwi Chappers must be great when the Cricket is on, who do you barrack for?

Strumpet

Quote: Strumpet @ 9th April 2015, 3:25 AM BST

Well There was this time when...(No you might be under 18) um, well I guess the usual strip naked and go skinny dipping, just have to mind the reef sharks, buggers like to nip you.

So What have you done weird on a freeway?

Strumpet

That half reminds me of Britain. We have a lot of sharks. Unfortunately, not a lot of skinny dipping.

Re freeway:

I've driven in the wrong direction at the start of a dual carriageway and had to do a rapid three point turn in front of a coach which fortunately managed to slow down. My passengers were shouting like maniacs and trying desperately to get out of the vehicle but I remained uncharacteristically calm. It seemed like a dream to me although it was real. And, hey, it was winter, dark and rainy and near Hull.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th April 2015, 12:40 PM BST

Welcome. How could I ignore a pair of legs like that although I have to be careful as I live with a Kiwi.

Hairy, are they?

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another Aussie on here. Know what you mean about people at home not knowing stuff....most people I know seem to think UK comedy ceased to exist after Are You Been Served or Mr Bean if you are lucky.

Quote: reds @ 9th April 2015, 9:47 PM BST

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another Aussie on here. Know what you mean about people at home not knowing stuff....most people I know seem to think UK comedy ceased to exist after Are You Been Served or Mr Bean if you are lucky.

G'day Red yes 'Are you being served' Benny Hill and Mr Bean are the only thing Aussies know.
So I am confident you people will be able to answer my queries, or at least point me in the correct direction. Sometimes Mr Google will not do as he's told and we have had words, However he does keep on the silent side and suggests things which are not always welcome.

Strumpet

Quote: A Horseradish @ 9th April 2015, 1:18 PM BST

That half reminds me of Britain. We have a lot of sharks. Unfortunately, not a lot of skinny dipping.

Re freeway:

I've driven in the wrong direction at the start of a dual carriageway and had to do a rapid three point turn in front of a coach which fortunately managed to slow down. My passengers were shouting like maniacs and trying desperately to get out of the vehicle but I remained uncharacteristically calm. It seemed like a dream to me although it was real. And, hey, it was winter, dark and rainy and near Hull.

I am sure your passengers were pleased to get to their destination after that and in one piece.

Strumpet

I love how signing off with 'Strumpet' looks like a final insult to whoever you're replying to.

Don't change it!

Thanks Shaggy,I read your response about the hairy legs... I thought we agreed to keep that just between us?

Strumpet