Pointless Page 4

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2015, 7:00 PM BST

He has definitely got that wrong! That fact came up in the recent "Carry on Forever" (?) doc. But then he has been wanting with some of his erroneous trivia before. >_<

Yes - probably one of Osman's "jokes".

Quote: Chappers @ 17th September 2015, 8:22 PM BST

Yes - probably one of Osman's "jokes".

Indeed. He's as wrong as wrong can be. I wonder if he's still 'stepping out' with Emily Dean of 'The Frank Skinner Show' on Absolute? She used to blather on about 'my boyfriend' on a weekly basis and they went to The Maldives together.

Watching tonight's there was a fantastic accidentally line.

A woman called Barbara had to name cities with a team in the Spanish football league. She said "Seville". Armstrong always repeats their answers before seeing how many points they'd scored.

"Barbara, Seville."

The best one was on a recent WILTY when Jack Dee said he would go for Gaby Roslin's Man Hole.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2015, 5:25 PM BST

According to RO sets from Carry on Cleo were used for Cleopatra. You would expect it to be the other way round.

It's another way of saying the same thing, Chappers. He's not saying who the sets were built for, after all.

Has anyone got the Pointless android app? It's great fun, especially playing against random participants(!) The only downsides are that there are quite a few bugs and the additional question packs have a habit of vanishing.

I saw this for the first time the other day. I think it just started airing here. Enjoyed it but I missed the start so found it a bit hard to follow the rules.

I know they have to get right answers- but do they get higher scores if lots of the people servayed said it or if if they didn't?

Quote: reds @ 6th December 2015, 12:13 AM GMT

I saw this for the first time the other day. I think it just started airing here. Enjoyed it but I missed the start so found it a bit hard to follow the rules.

I know they have to get right answers- but do they get higher scores if lots of the people servayed said it or if if they didn't?

They survey 100 people and set the timer for 100 seconds to find the most obscure answers. Apparently this is carried out online. Some results are bizarre.

You get more points for an obscure answer and £250 is added to the jackpot every time someone hits on a pointless answer.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 6th December 2015, 1:57 AM GMT

You get more points for an obscure answer and £250 is added to the jackpot every time someone hits on a pointless answer.

Not quite, you get LESS points for obscure answers (your score is the number of people from the 100 surveyed who gave that particular answer - in all cases you want it to be as low as possible) and the full 100 points for an incorrect answer.

Quote: radiat10n @ 6th December 2015, 9:18 AM GMT

Not quite, you get LESS points for obscure answers (your score is the number of people from the 100 surveyed who gave that particular answer - in all cases you want it to be as low as possible) and the full 100 points for an incorrect answer.

Yeah, pretty much. I did respond at 2am though Sick

It is a painfully slow show. I always fast forward when the main guy repeats the questions.

Strumpet

I wish they'd learn the difference between "Less" and "Fewer"

One gets fewer points for a less well known answer

Quote: Strumpet @ 7th December 2015, 1:29 AM GMT

It is a painfully slow show. I always fast forward when the main guy repeats the questions.

Strumpet

Me too. One of my mother's main bugbears with the format is thus:

"AA - Remind us what you do.
Contestant - I'm retired.
AA - What did you used to do?
Contestant - I was a peripatetic bee keeper.
AA - great stuff. Let's play Pointless!"

Quote: Maurice Mynah @ 7th December 2015, 11:27 AM GMT

I wish they'd learn the difference between "Less" and "Fewer"

One gets fewer points for a less well known answer

Another one of my mother's niggles.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th December 2015, 6:22 PM GMT

Me too. One of my mother's main bugbears with the format is thus:

"AA - Remind us what you do.
Contestant - I'm retired.
AA - What did you used to do?
Contestant - I was a peripatetic bee keeper.
AA - great stuff. Let's play Pointless!"

Another one of my mother's niggles.

Blue nun you are so much like me, I think I would tell them I am an office worker then when the guy asks me what I do say "sex therapist" his face would be a picture.

Strumpet

Quote: Strumpet @ 8th December 2015, 1:54 PM GMT

Blue nun you are so much like me, I think I would tell them I am an office worker then when the guy asks me what I do say "sex therapist" his face would be a picture.

Strumpet

Me too :) I reckon that they'd change it in the edit as it's broadcast pre-watershed. I often wonder what a certificate 18 version would be like though? Maybe Armstrong and Osman could wear leather?