Pointless Page 3

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st July 2015, 7:48 PM BST

Hi TBN! Wave

Hi Gordon - it's good to be back (but not, of course, with reference to the 70s song.) Wave

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st July 2015, 7:48 PM BST

Hi TBN! Wave

Hello Gordon Wave

My son is *obsessed* with 1 vs 100 hosted by that personality vacuum Ben Shephard at the moment. Eh?

I think actually that Pointless is getting close to its sell-by-date.

It seems to be more about Richard Osman these days.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2015, 7:41 PM BST

I think you could be right. It's had over 600(?) episodes now.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2015, 7:41 PM BST

He already has another quiz that starts on BBC2 as soon as Pointless finishes.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 1:09 PM BST

Yep, 'Two Tribes'. Yet *another* quiz for my geeky son to clog up the TiVo with.

Actually, must apply for a quiz/game show soon as I'd like some ££s in exchange for the sheer amount of dross that fills my cranium.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 1:09 PM BST

I know. It's been on for months. Quite good in its way but not as good as Egg Heads although that gets a bit boring when they keep winning so easily.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2015, 7:08 PM BST

I know. It's been on for months. Quite good in its way but not as good as Egg Heads although that gets a bit boring when they keep winning so easily.

They labour their answers a bit too much to fill time, it's quite frustrating. It's a bit dull sometimes. The other night they had a team in which four of the five members were civil servants called John.

Plus, they always pick Chris and Judith early because they're a bit shit compared to the others.

Did you ever see the pilot? It was a bit different. The in house team consisted of Katie Hopkins, George Osborne, Lord Sewell, Kanye West and Hulk Hogan. The title was different too, it was called The Dickheads.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 2nd August 2015, 8:33 PM BST

They labour their answers a bit too much to fill time, it's quite frustrating. It's a bit dull sometimes. The other night they had a team in which four of the five members were civil servants called John.

Plus, they always pick Chris and Judith early because they're a bit shit compared to the others.

Did you ever see the pilot? It was a bit different. The in house team consisted of Katie Hopkins, George Osborne, Lord Sewell, Kanye West and Hulk Hogan. The title was different too, it was called The Dickheads.

I'm a civil servant and I know quite a few blokes called John. Victoria CM's great with the nerds isn't she? She tends to scare them with special reference to the University Challenge/OC episode where she famously flirted with Alex Guttenplan.

Going a bit off-topic here as Eggheads has its own thread. I know I'm to blame though.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10199/

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2015, 9:02 PM BST

Going a bit off-topic here as Eggheads has its own thread. I know I'm to blame though.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10199/

Eggheads is :S

2 teams including smug Manure supporters (I hate people referring to them as Man U - it sounds too nice). I didn't want either of them to win the semi but of course one did.

No chance of a Pointless answer in the final.

Such an annoying woman in tonight's final. I really hope they don't win.

Yes!!!!

Apart from trying for the answers I also try to guess how many people get it right. I'm often very close.

Cleopatra - Elizabeth Taylor. I said 60 - the answer was 59.

According to RO sets from Carry on Cleo were used for Cleopatra. You would expect it to be the other way round.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2015, 5:25 PM BST

According to RO sets from Carry on Cleo were used for Cleopatra. You would expect it to be the other way round.

He has definitely got that wrong! That fact came up in the recent "Carry on Forever" (?) doc. But then he has been wanting with some of his erroneous trivia before. >_<