Pointless Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 27th May 2015, 12:31 AM BST

That's what she said - for 100 points!

>_<

I prefer Countdown

I'm a huge fan of Pointless. I'm a bit of a nerd, so I can normally dig out a few random bits of information that get me through even the tougher rounds (so long as it's not football, at that point I'm pretty much shafted!).

That JR answer from yesterday was awesome! To think that the poor girl actually thought they meant the TV show, not the place. She'll never live that down. I know if my friends saw me say something like that on TV, I'd never hear the end of it. In fact, JR would probably become my new nickname!

As much as I like pointless I tend to find the questions tend to favour sport loving males, I reckon that there will be a football question in about 3 out of 5 programs but far fewer questions bias towards the fairer sex.

but I did love the "JR" moment :)

I agree there are WAY too many sport questions. But I don't think it's gender skewed as there are plenty of women contestants who get the sports questions right.
It's just so effing boring (for me).

Thing is though, sport is a big part of popular culture. There's no getting away from that. I'm in no way a football fan, but, if I were on the show and a football question came up, I'd likely be able to pull an answer out from somewhere (granted, it'd be a high score, but I'm sure I could do better than 100).

And sport, in general, covers a lot of ground. It's just a shame I don't really follow any sports...

I wouldn't mind an equal number of sports questions to say film, politics, etc. It just feels like every third question is sports based!

I'm just catching up on my TiVo stack. I did have to laugh at the two girl students' attempts at naming the top guitarists.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th May 2015, 1:36 AM BST

I prefer Countdown

You prefer Rachael Riley in one of her short dresses!

Vying with Carol in the bum stakes there. Lovey

In today's show one round was sitcoms in initials.

SAS
OFAH
OFITG
HOF
JGF

Teas and Coffees? The only one I knew was Earl Grey!

Maybe English Breakfast but Coffees? No thanks!

What are half of these drinks?

It is called Pointless, Chappers, not State The Obvious.

I find that if I fast forward through the first round of Pointless, then it hugely improves IMHO.

Hi TBN! Wave