The Sitcom Mission 2015 Page 7

Gutted not to have made the list also but cannot argue with the feedback I received. Lots to take away and work on. Good Luck one and all.

We've had quite a few people ask us if they can still get feedback on their script. If you paid £10 for regular entry, you don't qualify for any feedback, but if you would like a critique of your script then contact us at info@sitcommission.com for details.

Quote: Declan @ 12th August 2015, 3:51 PM BST

Sitcom Mission 2013 winners Those Three Girls are kickstarting to make a pilot of their winning entry, Girlband. Read about their reasons why here https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/

Congratulations to Those Three Girls on securing their Kickstarter funding. We're looking forward to seeing the results. We really admire their proactive, can-do attitude. Good luck, ladies!

Do silver entry get feedback?

Quote: ComedyTonight @ 20th August 2015, 7:24 PM BST

Do silver entry get feedback?

Gold entry (£100) gets feedback and time for a rewrite that they send back before the closing date. They then do a second draft which they submit, get more feedback and send in a final draft before the closing date.

Silver entry (£60) gets feedback and time for a rewrite that they send back before the closing date.

Bronze entry (£40) gets feedback after the long list is announced.

Regular entry (£10) gets no feedback unless they're in the top 20.

If you'd like further feedback on your script, we can do that for £50. Please email us at info@sitcommission.com if you'd like to take up this offer.

As I got in the top 20, can I get additional feedback for free as to why I fell short?

Quote: Harri @ 23rd August 2015, 8:47 PM BST

As I got in the top 20, can I get additional feedback for free as to why I fell short?

Hi Harri

Yes, we're doing feedback for the Commended list now, you'll have yours soon.

Quote: Declan @ 23rd August 2015, 9:31 PM BST

Hi Harri

Yes, we're doing feedback for the Commended list now, you'll have yours soon.

All those on the commended list will have their feedback by the end of the month.

There are still places on our Level 2 Sitcom Writing course starting next Tuesday in Farringdon, London. Be lovely to see you there http://www.city-academy.com/sitcom-writing-improvers

still awaiting that Commended List feedback...

It's Grand Finals Showcase Day today!

160 scripts down to 4. We're looking forward to seeing some of you there today.

We've also got representatives from Talkback TV, Cartoon Network, BBC Writersroom, John Stanley Productions, Big Talk Productions, 2LE Media, Wall to Wall, Retort, House of Tomorrow, Company TV, Avalon, Channel X, Lucky Giant and three literary agents in attendance. Oh, and the Head of Comedy at ITV, Head of Comedy Development at Sky and a Commissioning Associate at BBC TV Comedy as our judges.

Thanks go to everyone that entered in 2015, we love each and every one of you and it's been lots of fun this year.

Declan and Simon

And the winner is...Blue Sky Thinking by James Huntrods.

Our judges Saskia Schuster (ITV),Tilusha Ghelani (BBC) and Ben Boyer (Sky) were unanimous in their praise for Huntrod's clever and inventive sitcom.

We had a packed audience (had to put out extra chairs) that was more than 50% industry, and a great time was had by all.

Our thank to our judges, our industry guests, the good folk at the Diorama,and our other brilliant finalists who were:

Helen Cattle PSYCHO MILLER
Carrie Doyle WAITING
Kate Smurthwaite DO NOT RESUSCITATE

Thanks too, to our talented cast who threw themselves into each script with real energy and commitment:

Chandrika Chevli
Miranda Hennessy
Caroline Lazarus
Rowena Lennon
Richard David-Caine
Andrew Caley
Dave Seymour

Good to see Declan Hill back on stage, too.

Now it all begins again. Watch this space for The Sitcom Mission 2016!

will we be able to view the video of the winning entry? (i'm also curious to see what feedback the live audience gave on the day)

Quote: Harri @ 16th October 2015, 4:58 PM BST

will we be able to view the video of the winning entry? (i'm also curious to see what feedback the live audience gave on the day)

The video will belong to James Huntrod, so we can't reply on his behalf, and if the feedback was critical of a particular script I imagine that the writer wouldn't want it published on a public forum, so the short answers are 'possibly' followed by 'no'.

Quote: simon wright @ 20th October 2015, 5:15 PM BST

The video will belong to James Huntrod, so we can't reply on his behalf, and if the feedback was critical of a particular script I imagine that the writer wouldn't want it published on a public forum, so the short answers are 'possibly' followed by 'no'.

That's fair enough. Would it perhaps be possible to get a brief overview of the comments from the judges about why James' script won and stood out from the others?

It's always useful to see what they're looking out for.