The Sitcom Mission 2015 Page 5

Can't be that busy if Simon's got time to do house calls to Home Farm.

The shortlist...

will be going up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. As always, we want to get it right.

D&S

Good luck everyone!

I am in suspense

I am in suspenders.

It is Friday night after all.

Is it tonight or tomorrow the list is announced?

Tomorrow. Saturday 8th. Before midnight (though probably not much before).

Apologies to all for the delay. We've got a lot of scripts to read. And re-read. And read again.

OK folks,

Here's the news you were/weren't hoping for:

We've decided to longlist 8 scripts this time. We'll whittle them down to 4 for the show at the Diorama Theatre.

Without further ado, they are:

(in alphabetical order)

BLUE SKY THINKING James Huntrods
DNR Kate Smurthwaite
EMPTY NEST Pete Barrett
METROLAND Chris Harris
PAPER CUPS Amanda Richardson
PSYCHO MILLER Helen Cattle
THE GRIND Tom Goodliffe
WAITING Carrie Doyle

Congrats to those 8 writers and commiserations to all those who didn't make the list.

Congrats to those 8!

Is there also a list of those who did well but not well enough?

are we able to attend the readings at the theatre, or is it for industry people only?

Quote: Harri @ 8th August 2015, 8:22 PM BST

are we able to attend the readings at the theatre, or is it for industry people only?

Both the public showcase at the end of September and industry showcase on October 15 will be open to the public and free of charge. Just email us at info@sitcommission.com to reserve a seat. We'll have more details nearer the time and we'd love to see you there.

Oh well, disappointed but 9th out of 160 isn't too bad.
At least I presume that's where we came!

Well done to the 8 and good luck!

Woo-hoo! I made the 8. Super-chuffed, but I've got tons to work on before the next cut.

Quote: ComedyTonight @ 8th August 2015, 2:19 PM BST

Congrats to those 8!

Is there also a list of those who did well but not well enough?

We think this is a good idea. And we're going to publish a list of the top twenty (you already have eight).

More details to follow.

Sitcom Mission 2013 winners Those Three Girls are kickstarting to make a pilot of their winning entry, Girlband. Read about their reasons why here https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/