The Sitcom Mission 2015 Page 2

The Sitcom Mission talked to a number of industry script readers about how to impress them and what gets their goat. Here's the first in a series of helpful hints, which we like to call How To Annoy A Script Reader (and how to make them happy) https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/71/

Hi, how would you like the character descriptions - at the start of the script in a list or just upon each character's first appearance throughout the script?

Cheers

Alan

Quote: Alan O'Brien @ 20th May 2015, 2:15 PM BST

Hi, how would you like the character descriptions - at the start of the script in a list or just upon each character's first appearance throughout the script?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan

Both is good, but on each character's first appearance is essential as the reader doesn't have to refer back to the first page each time a new character appears.

Cheers, Declan

Thanks, Declan

Here's the latest in our new blog series, How to Annoy a Script Reader (and how to make them happy), this time about dialogue https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/72/

Here's Part 3 of our How to Annoy a Script Reader blog series https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/73/

Hi,
I have taken the Gold option and received my first bit of feedback on 19th, and am wondering when I should get the second bit of feedback?

Cheers,
Harri

... I forgot to also ask how to upload the second draft.

Quote: Harri @ 25th May 2015, 11:08 PM BST

Hi,
I have taken the Gold option and received my first bit of feedback on 19th, and am wondering when I should get the second bit of feedback?

Cheers,
Harri

... I forgot to also ask how to upload the second draft.

Hi Harri

The second piece of feedback will be with you within 24 hours, and you email the second draft directly to us.

Cheers, Declan

Hi everyone, looking forward to entering the Sitcom Mission this year again! Just wondering does the 15 pages include the title page or not? For example if I write a 15 minute script but I have 16 pages as the title page would be included as a page aswell? Thanks

Quote: woodsy @ 28th May 2015, 10:42 AM BST

Hi everyone, looking forward to entering the Sitcom Mission this year again! Just wondering does the 15 pages include the title page or not? For example if I write a 15 minute script but I have 16 pages as the title page would be included as a page aswell? Thanks

Hi Woodsy

Really glad you're looking forward to entering this year and we're looking forward to reading your script. We hope you enjoy the process of writing it too!

We're looking for 15 minutes, not 15 pages. The best thing to do is to read it out loud (preferably with some mates or friendly actors) and time it. If it comes in as near to 15 minutes as dammit, then bingo!

Hope that helps

Cheers, Declan

If it is not commercially sensitive information - can I ask how many entries you are expecting?

regards

playfull

Quote: playfull @ 29th May 2015, 2:22 PM BST

If it is not commercially sensitive information - can I ask how many entries you are expecting?

regards

playfull

Who can tell?

The last two years have been just under 200. As we're offering an even better prize this year of lots of development, an industry showcase and a broadcast quality filmed version, we're hoping for at least 210. Don't tell anyone!

I just want to make sure you have received my second draft via email? As I notice there is the option to manage/update your script, so was wondering if I should re-upload?

Quote: Harri @ 1st June 2015, 9:57 PM BST

I just want to make sure you have received my second draft via email? As I notice there is the option to manage/update your script, so was wondering if I should re-upload?

Hi Harri

Yes, we received the second draft and we'll be getting your next set of feedback to you soon. There's no need to upload the new version to the website.

Cheers, Declan

There are still places left on our two-weekend intensive Level 1 course starting this Saturday at City Academy. More details here:

http://www.city-academy.com/sitcom-writing-beginners

Hope to see some of you there.