How long do you give a comedy before you give up? Page 3

Quote: bloopergast @ 26th May 2015, 7:50 PM BST

That's strange, seeing as several recent US shows (Hello Ladies, Happyish, Undateable...) have English characters and accents.

Never heard of the last two, but I see both Hello Ladies and Happyish are on subscription channels rather than widely available. In those cases they won't broadcast British stuff as they want to be seen to be making use of their income with original American programming, not 'cheap' imports.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 26th May 2015, 10:55 PM BST

Never mind the Buzzcocks. I think they were about 20 series too late.

Ah, and yes fully agree.

I'm a one episode man myself. I may push myself to two, if there are actors or writers involved whose previous work I have liked. But normally, if I don't enjoy the first episode, I feel it's safe to assume I'm not going to like the rest. I know that may not be the case, but I'm not really inclined to waste time watching TV shows that I'm not at all enjoying.

I may have even stopped watching Mrs. Browns Boys about half-way through the first episode!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th May 2015, 4:46 AM BST

Ah, and yes fully agree.

J'agree aussi.

90s lass that I am, I miss Mark Lamaar's caustic wit. I was glad to see that he was on the writing team of the excellent '15 Storeys High' though.