Kirrin Island - new podcast: call for submissions

Kirrin Island is back. And it's better than ever.*

We are working on a new non-topical podcast and we want your character-based sketches and one-liners. There is a full writers' brief here: http://kirrinislandpodcast.com/wiring/writers-brief/

Please send your submissions to: LivefromKirrinIsland@gmail.com in standard radio format.

Deadline: The End of 17th April 2015.

Limits: Please send no more than 2 sketches and 1 quickie, and no more than 12 one-liner "overheards".

As always no one is getting paid for any of this. You have been warned. But it is fun. Allegedly.

Enjoy!

*May not actually be better.

EDIT: Post now with even better grammar!

Hurrah! :D

Get in!

By a curious coincidence I'd just Emailed re this project. Awesome.

And as an old script editor for Kirrin Island I feel we should apologise that the last episode never got made. Rubbish I know but we we got a series commission for Damn The Torpedoes and got completely swamped with that. (We're still very much fitting these projects around our day jobs).

So there's a whole new team taking the lead on KI now so this one will definitely get made. Apologies for those who submitted sketches, one-liners and generally funny stuff I know it must have been annoying to send it off with no reward. Please direct your vitriol at me and the old team not David and the new team!

I would prefer 'previous' to 'old' personally.

Dan

And we've had our first submissions already!

And there are strong rumours that the lost episode was merely resting...

Quote: The Producer @ 22nd March 2015, 8:59 PM GMT

And there are strong rumours that the lost episode was merely resting...

Everyone likes a mystery :)

Quote: LippyAlison @ 22nd March 2015, 9:59 PM GMT

Everyone likes a mystery :)

Especially Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy!

:)

I always preferred the fat bloke and his entourage...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd March 2015, 7:31 AM GMT

I always preferred the fat bloke and his entourage...

Me too! The Five Find-outers were much better. First time I've heard someone else say that in public so you've made my day Paul.

By the way, if anyone's looking at this and you haven't submitted before, you really, really should.

They're great people - helpful, open and honest (sometimes a little too honest, if you want my opinion, but we'll let that one go).

OK folks
Newsjacks over. No excuses now. :)

No excuse to find another paying gig either?