Rutland Weekend Television Page 3

Yup, it's all gone grey here, sorry. Please keep inter-member 'banter' out of the programme threads to help ensure casual visitors wanting to know about a show don't have to wade through all of that kind of thing to get to the opinions they're looking to read, thanks!

(There's always the General forum or Private Messages for chatting about any and all other topics.)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th March 2015, 4:54 PM GMT

Anyone here from Rutland?

Wasn't that one of those counties that disappeared and was resurrected?

I miss Huntingdonshire. :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th March 2015, 4:54 PM GMT

Anyone here from Rutland?

Just up t'road mi duk.
Wave

RWT is the only major Post-Python series that hasn't run in the States. I read that it was because nobody'd meet Idle's price.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th March 2015, 3:15 PM GMT

Be careful, after viewing one day you might become a big fan of the Fab Four.

Or the Prefab Four.

Quote: Steve Burstein @ 25th March 2015, 4:17 PM GMT

RWT is the only major Post-Python series that hasn't run in the States. I read that it was because nobody'd meet Idle's price.

I get that impression from various accounts in newspapers and on TV. Bit of a money grabber.

I've seen some of RWT on YouTube and think there are some fantastic sketches in there like 'Gibberish', 'Being Normal' and something about keeping girls in a field like cattle.

I also love The Rutles movie. All in all I think its quite an underrated series made on a shoestring budget. Would love to see it released on DVD.

My copy of this has since been signed by Neil Innes. He also took the time to deface Eric Idle's photo...

Quote: Otterfox @ 14th April 2015, 11:35 PM BST

I also love The Rutles movie. All in all I think its quite an underrated series made on a shoestring budget. Would love to see it released on DVD.

"All You Need is Cash" ??

See Amazon product listing

I've already got it.

Ummm, so have I - the info. was for Otterfox

Great stuff love to see it again.

I have only ever seen this online and I love it. Wish it were on DVD.

My fav sketch is the one with the carrot!