Carry On Forever

I hear this is going to be on telly over Easter. I hope it is on.

Please explain Mr G Roper? Are they exhuming the cast for another film? Is Talbot Rothwell scripting it?

It's a new documentary series.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th March 2015, 9:30 PM GMT

It's a new documentary series.

Thank you Aaron; I shall be tuning in :)

If Carry On was public company I'd've liked to have bought shares in it in the 70s when it went out of fashion. These days it's treated like the crown jewels themselves. Quite right, they're great fun but they aren't Ealing or Boulting Bros class, would like to see the same level of TV coverage for all our great British comedy films, all the Peter Sellers films for example. Where are the endless docs for them? Eh? eh?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th March 2015, 1:56 PM GMT

If Carry On was public company I'd've liked to have bought shares in it in the 70s when it went out of fashion. These days it's treated like the crown jewels themselves. Quite right, they're great fun but they aren't Ealing or Boulting Bros class, would like to see the same level of TV coverage for all our great British comedy films, all the Peter Sellers films for example. Where are the endless docs for them? Eh? eh?

Unfortunately, the films that you have listed are indeed superior to the 'Carry On' series, but alas they do not contain any scenes where a diminutive blonde's bikini top flings off. I do believe that Ms Windsor's sterling performance won her The Lord Olivier Award for services to randy teenage boys in 1968.

And unfortunately I fear that because they are only black and white they're not viewed in the same way.

;)

I absolutely cannot wait to spend Easter in the company of the funniest British comedies EVER!
I'm particularly looking forward to the documentaries featuring new and unseen material.
LOVE IT.
LOVE IT!
LOVE IT!
Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Not another one! :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 16th March 2015, 4:09 PM GMT

Not another one! :(

Who, a David Smith VI? Yay for all of the 'ladz' on here.

Quote: mick62 @ 16th March 2015, 3:26 PM GMT

I'm particularly looking forward to the documentaries featuring new and unseen material.

I'm told that the "new and unseen" material is ... shall we say, fairly minimal. Reams of out-takes, there are not.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th March 2015, 6:13 PM GMT

I'm told that the "new and unseen" material is ... shall we say, fairly minimal. Reams of out-takes, there are not.

I've always got the impression from reading about the process of making the 'Carry On' films is that there wasn't a great deal of wasted tape/time because of the nature that they were made - quickly, cheaply and with the minimum of fuss. Peter Rogers seemed like a bit of a hard taskmaster to be honest. Actually, that reminds me - I'd love to see 'Cor Blimey!' or 'Fantabulosa' again. I have bought Kenneth Williams's letters for me and the diaries for Mother and hope to read them very soon.

Remember the candy bar ads with pictures of Williams, Hawtrey, Et.Al., with captions like "Get Your Hands Off My Nuts"?

Just watched the second part which featured the famous flying bra in Carry on Camping (one of my favourites - film that is, not flying bra) and was hoping that at last someone might comment on the glorious continuity error of Hattie Jacques' headgear and not, but yet again they skirted passed it. :(

Hmmm, just realised summat else talking about that, they seem to have interviewed everyone that is still alive from those films except Barbara Windsor - odd.