Jam And Jerusalem

Anyone seen any clips? Does it look good?

The premise sounds like it has potential, but I fear it'll be the same kind of niche-edgy-'indie'-type-ish kind of thing that everything else seems to be at the moment.

In other words, SHITE.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ November 16, 2006, 9:20 AM

It got a real kicking on Late Review.

Oh really? That's interesting to know.

I've never expected much of it to be honest because it's written by the vastly over-rated (IMHO) J Saunders but, if it is that bad, that's a shame as it'll be a waste of David Mitchell, Doreen Mantle and the like.

After reading a bit more about it, I actually think it looks like it might be pretty good.

I do generally love Jennifer Saunders, and David Mitchell obviously. I wish I'd seen a clip though.

Ever since the Late Review slagged off a Rufus Wainwright album, I've declined to listen to their STUPID MINDLESS OPINIONS!!

Ahem.
But I don't bear grudges.

Quote: zooo @ November 16, 2006, 5:01 PM

After reading a bit more about it, I actually think it looks like it might be pretty good.

You have to be careful when reading the pre-prepared publicity... I've read some shows previews and thought, this is going to be brilliant only to be badly let down (e.g. Hyperdrive).

Quote: zooo @ November 16, 2006, 5:01 PM

I do generally love Jennifer Saunders, and David Mitchell obviously. I wish I'd seen a clip though.

There's a short clip on the mini-BBC website for the series: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/jamandjerusalem

Dawn French's character looks quite fun but the clip doesn't really help one gauge how good the series is.

Quote: Mark @ November 16, 2006, 6:29 PM

You have to be careful when reading the pre-prepared publicity... I've read some shows previews and thought, this is going to be brilliant only to be badly let down (e.g. Hyperdrive).

Tell me about it. Rolling eyes

On the positive/hopeful side, I like almost all the actors in it.

And, on the irrelevant but interesting side, that's Jennifer Saunders's reeeeeal daughter in that clip.
Oooh!
Ade Edmondson's spawn!

I really am too easily impressed.

Looking forward to giving it a look, Absolutely Fabulous was great.

It gets a glowing review in The Guardian: "An absolute delight with too many wonderful performances to name."

But then that is The Guardian... ;)

Seriously though, I think that this is going to be a "love it or hate it" show. Certainly looks promising, but whether the final product will have fulfilled the potential remains to be seen.

The Guardian's TV critic is usually on the money. Bearing this in mind, plus all those involved, I'll tune in on Friday.