The Last Man On Earth Page 2

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th December 2016, 9:31 PM

Really easy to watch
And although Will Forte can be a bit OTT, he suits this role perfectly
Interested to see how the character(s) develops

Great cast (as with the best American comedies, such as Brooklyn 99).

A rather dark ending for the latest season...

What episode are they on?
I can only see 9 available of a season of 18 scheduled

Are they on a mid season break?
Do they do that in the states sometimes, split the series in two?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th January 2017, 11:33 AM

What episode are they on?
I can only see 9 available of a season of 18 scheduled

Are they on a mid season break?
Do they do that in the states sometimes, split the series in two?

Yeah, it looks like they're taking a break. They did the same thing last year and returned in March.

It's becoming increasingly common for shows to take a mid-season break; The Walking Dead franchise is an example. There are a few reasons:

1) American networks like to begin their seasons in September and end in May. There aren't enough episodes to show a new one every week, so they'll take a break and fill the space with reruns or a new midseason show.

2) It gives shows with major stars a chance to film a movie, have a baby, etc.

3) It gives popular shows an opportunity for a cliffhanger in the middle and two "premier" episodes.

4) The people at Neilsen who poll a subset of American viewers to obtain ratings information make 4 monthlong "sweeps" each year. Scheduling decisions and, most importantly, advertising rates, are determined by viewership numbers during these sweeps, so it behooves the networks to have new, exciting episodes of their biggest and best shows during that period of time. Sweeps for this season are: October 27 - November 23, 2016, January 26 - February 22, 2017, April 27 - May 24, 2017, and June 29 - July 26, 2017.

Quote: DaButt @ 4th January 2017, 8:08 PM

A rather dark ending for the latest season...

I've got one episode to go
I wasn't that hopeful of a happy half ending

Anyone still watching this? Last night's episode was another dark, 90-degree turn. I love all of the cameo appearances by famous actors/comedians.

Some great quick celeb Cameos in this
Am just re watching again for a bit of comfort telly
People seem to like Ted Lasso because of it's heart, but this show had it in spades, and has Ted Lasso in (Kind of) So what is not to love
I'm still a fan, really I thought I was Stephen, Boom still got it