Better Call Saul

I'm really enjoying this new series; I watched episode 4 last night and thought it was the best one so far.

I really like the way the writers have started weaving Saul's past into his present and last night was all about the birth of Saul Goodman, crooked lawyer extraordinaire.

Looking forward to a lot more of this.

Yeah, it's been great so far. Getting ready to crack open a beer and watch last night's episodes with my neighbors.

Saul, not balls.

Well Wtf is it? There's no guide or link. Is ut something out of Ben's imagination?

(I'm guessing it's American)

It's the American prequel to Breaking Bad.

Not seen that either.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2015, 10:09 PM GMT

Not seen that either.

Then you've missed the best television show of the last 10 or 20 years. Honestly.

If you knew - and I'm sure you do - my opinion of American comedies you'd know I wouldn't be interested.

the only ones I've ever really liked are M*A*S*H and Cheers with a bit of Soap.

The show has the most unusual intro that I've ever seen; the main character remains silent for the first six minutes of the first episode.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2015, 10:25 PM GMT

If you knew - and I'm sure you do - my opinion of American comedies you'd know I wouldn't be interested.

the only ones I've ever really liked are M*A*S*H and Cheers with a bit of Soap.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are dramas.

The latest episode was another treat.

I absolutely love the area that this is set in as well. Those dusty, expansive deserts right up against a town.

It's so un-British it's very appealing.

Quote: Ben @ 4th March 2015, 6:58 PM GMT

I absolutely love the area that this is set in as well. Those dusty, expansive deserts right up against a town.

Yeah, the show has great visuals. I appreciate that they actually film it in Albuquerque, instead of trying to pass off southern California as New Mexico. It really disappointed me when they tried to pass off South Africa for southern Texas in the last series of The Wrong Mans. It looked terrible and I can't see how it could have been much cheaper to film in South Africa instead of Texas.

Quote: DaButt @ 4th March 2015, 8:25 PM GMT

I can't see how it could have been much cheaper to film in South Africa instead of Texas.

Doesn't it usually come down to the size of the tax breaks the country can offer?

Not sure if conjecture counts as spoilers, but if so, here goes:
It was a bit slower this week, but I'm still loving the series. So it looks like Mike might have breached a restraining order, possibly relating to his daughter? In Breaking Bad he has access to his granddaughter, might it be he goes to Saul/Jim to fight for these access rights?

The most recent episode really filled in the blanks about Mike and I think he clinched a future Emmy nomination for his performance. The show continues to impress and entertain me. It's looking like a worthy successor to Breaking Bad.

I read that the character of Mike was only created as a one-off character because Walt and Jesse needed some help and Saul was supposed to step in, but Bob Odenkirk was unavailable for the scene. Viewers and writers loved the character, so Mike was written into the show.

Jonathon Banks really showed his acting chops
Great episode that.