Looking for a comedian based near The Wirral

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I hope you don't mind me posting a question.

In addition to my normal job (conference producer) I'm doing some voluntary work for a children's hospice based on The Wirral, in the North West of England. I offered to help them to source a comedian/comedy writer who can talk to staff about the art of story telling on 21 April.

I'm not sure where to start? Is there anyone based in the North West of England or North Wales who might be interested in this? Or can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Welcome, I hope you find someone. :)

Thank you! :D

I love the Wirral!-- do hope you find someone!- Ive had cancer, but don't feel qualified to talk to experts.

Hi there. Don't worry, they aren't looking for someone who is an expert on cancer, they are looking for someone who can tell them how storytelling and humour can be used to engage people with what many might consider is a difficult topic. I'd be happy to explain further if you think this could be of interest.

:) I would love to help any cancer charity!- Do you mean tell a personal kind of story- mixed with truthful moments that are funny?

Essentially we thought it would be fantastic if a comedian/comedy writer could provide insight into how they approach the art of storytelling and how humour can engage people with even the most difficult subjects.

For instance the guest comedian/ comedy writer may wish to present a short set, then "deconstruct" what they've done (perhaps in a humourous way) giving some insights into where the inspiration for their stories came from, what makes them great stories and why they make people laugh - so others can learn from their approach. Or they may wish to do a set around "how you create an emotional connection with an audience".

These are just suggestions!