Rhod Gilbert's Work Experience

Anyone else enjoying this new series? Or watched any of the previous - this is series 5 (as there does not seem to be a thread for it)? Last week fisherman and this week working in a vets.

I love his dry comments - very funny.

Oscar's death in yesterday's episode made me sad. :(

I've been watching this Herc. I am a fan of his standup and the shows he has done like this. The coach guide episode in a previous series was hilarious. The current episodes are also very funny.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th February 2015, 11:00 PM GMT

Oscar's death in yesterday's episode made me sad. :(

Yes, very moving. Teary

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th February 2015, 11:50 PM GMT

I've been watching this Herc. I am a fan of his standup and the shows he has done like this. The coach guide episode in a previous series was hilarious. The current episodes are also very funny.

The ones that stick in my mind were when he got a tattoo - the most ridiculous thing he could think of, a flaming battenberg cake and when he try his hand at being a drag artist - hilarious.

Start of another excellent series. :D

This seems to have developed into an as and when series.

Estate agent this week -

Of his mentor/local estate agent he says "He knows more about Victorian semis than Prince Albert's fluffer" Laughing out loud

Love Rhod Gilbert, and have watched up until the latest series. Need to catch up. Can't decide what my favourite episode is. There are brilliant bits in all of them. The seagull contraption in the fishing episode, the rugby coach episode was adorable, and the one in the school, the animal one quite touching, the garbage one very funny, and fighter pilot daring, the tour guide was funny to me, I entertain old people for a living so very much can relate to his bingo debacle. And the scouts one where he got his group of kids lost in the woods, convinced them that authority figures are rubbish and gave them a crash course in putting on a comedy show. Corrupting the youth. Beautiful.

Will have to get caught up. I'm not caught up on the podcast of Rhod's BBC radio wales show either. Used to listen to it at my last job. Very silly. I love his pettiness about the most banal and bizarre things.

I do wonder if he ever plans to return to stand up. I hope he does someday. It's been a while. I know he talked about possibly giving it up.

He's supposedly been writing a sitcom in which Lloyd Langford is to play his younger brother, but he's been writing it for like a decade...don't know if it will ever happen. I can only hope.

When he got his flaming Battenberg tattoo is one of my faves, along with when he joined a drag act - sooo funny. **

He's always gold when he's on a panel show as well such as Would I Lie To You. :D

EDIT ** Ooops, just noticed I typed virtually the same thing two years ago. >_<

On those recommendations, I shall have to watch.

I always loved his routine about buying a new quilt and the undecipherable tog rating.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th April 2017, 9:01 AM

On those recommendations, I shall have to watch.

I always loved his routine about buying a new quilt and the undecipherable tog rating.

Yes you must, he has me in stitches with some of the things he comes out with - seemingly subtle little comments that dawn on you are quite rude and very funny.

I'd not seen any of these before but watched last nights Estate Agent one, very funny. "Bat shit Bates" woman was a bit of a gift for him though, is it staged a bit me wonders? I'd quite like to catch up on some of the others now.

I was once on stage at the Leicester Square theatre with Rhod Gilbert and John Lloyd. True story.

Quote: Ben @ 14th April 2017, 8:12 PM

I was once on stage at the Leicester Square theatre with Rhod Gilbert and John Lloyd. True story.

Someone has to sweep up.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 14th April 2017, 1:09 PM

I'd not seen any of these before but watched last nights Estate Agent one, very funny. "Bat shit Bates" woman was a bit of a gift for him though, is it staged a bit me wonders? I'd quite like to catch up on some of the others now.

I'd like to think things like that aren't really staged in that show. I think Rhod just has a knack for playing up/into weird people and situations while shooting and then really makes stuff like that shine when he edits the episodes.

Got caught up today with the current series. Very funny.

New series starts tonight on BBC1 Wales, 9.30pm. (That's Channel 864 on Virgin, Herc.) :)

I only spotted it cos there was a trailer after the footy (China v Wales).

Quote: beaky @ 15th April 2017, 3:03 PM

Someone has to sweep up.

Laughing out loud