Visiting UK in August

I'll be visiting family in the UK for a month in August for this year and am looking for any comedy shows / recordings / events etc. that will be on during that time. I'll be in London for most of it, but willing to travel depending what's on.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Cheers,
Meegan

There's always plenty on in London, year round ... unfortunately comedy-wise, Edinburgh's packed out with most comics for the entire month of August, so you won't get quite the same selection as at other times of the year.

We should be able to tell you loads about what's on by then, but in the meantime, perhaps someone a little more familiar with that strange phenomenon of 'leaving the house' (no, I dunno?) can advise more about specifics... :)

It didn't even dawn on me that the Fringe would be on at that time! Thanks a million for the heads up, I think I'll be off spending a week in Bonny Scotland. AND Gyles Brandreth is on. Perfect :))

You may need to sell your plane tickets to pay for the Edinburgh accommodation, but good luck! We'll have full listings for the Festival Fringe here soon after they're published. :)

I've been to the 99 Club and The Comedy Store. Enjoyed both. Also 99 Club is in Leicester Square and Comedy Store is just across the street. So easy to find and lots of people around afterwards. I've also been to Top Secret Comedy Club in Covent Garden. It was really cheap the night I went but acts were good. It finished fairly late...there weren't a lot of people around afterwards but it is only a short walk to Leicester Square. I had no issues safety wise, but just it just depends on how comfortable you are with less people around.

If you're a fan of Richard Herring he is skipping going up to the Festival this year & instead performing all of his previous shows each for only night at the Leicester Square Theatre.