Uncle - Series 2 Page 3

Thought the latest episode was back to form although the period thing wasn't a bit off-putting.

Aw, the period stuff was funny. I thought the kid storylines were a lot more interesting than the adult ones this week.

Quote: zooo @ 5th March 2015, 3:49 PM GMT

Aw, the period stuff was funny. I thought the kid storylines were a lot more interesting than the adult ones this week.

Ugh I love uncle but I just don't think it works as well when it focuses more on the kids.

Yes I also enjoyed this week's episode too, it was nice to Shelley re-appear again, I did wonder whether she would! Andy didn't seem pleased about her being pregnant Laughing out loud

Best thing on TV at the moment. Kudos to the creators for not simply recycling series 1, pre-pubescent kid -v- dissolute uncle. Child actors grow and it's all too easy to pretend otherwise. Series 2, along with Errol, manages to be more mature while retaining the terrific humour. Errol in the cupboard with Ruby was outstanding. The kiss was never going to happen, we knew that, but the reason why was brilliant.

Thought last night's episode was the best of the series. They went for a different spin on it - not even a song!

Although Sam's storyline felt a bit crowbarred in again, Keith Allen was brilliant as Uncle Frank and there was real heart in it.

It is true that they've changed the dynamic of Andy and Errol for this series to make them work together but it's really worked out well and I hope there's more series to come.

That was quite the dark episode! But very, very good.
Really loved the location too.

Outstanding stuff. They set up an age-old premise and took it into all sorts of interesting areas.

Quote: italophile @ 12th March 2015, 8:23 AM GMT

Outstanding stuff. They set up an age-old premise and took it into all sorts of interesting areas.

Or an old-age premise? :P

Agreed though, you didn't know where they were going with it. Kudos and the other things.

There were some great performances; I like Sam's honesty :)

Keith Allen was brilliant, a totally unsympathetic character and all the more believable for it and actually still likeable. I thought it was good of Nick Helm to take more of a back seat to the mighty Keith Allen. Best episode of the series so far!

Good episode. Unlike the recording studio one, the involvement of all the characters felt natural, and the pathos was just at the right level.

I've seen episodes 1-3 series 2 and like the direction it's going. I like Daisy Haggard.

Was that a real band in the van?

Loved this last episode. I think maybe the best episode of uncle . Hoping for a third series :D