Uncle - Series 2 Page 2

Episode 3 was the best episode of the show. Possibly one of my favourite sitcom episodes of the past few years, tightly scripted from start to finish with enough jokes and plot for everyone.

Was that a Rizzle Kick tonight? He was very good.

Quote: zooo @ 25th February 2015, 12:31 AM GMT

Was that a Rizzle Kick tonight? He was very good.

It was indeed and I agree - he was also good in 'Glue', though his/their music's not me cuppa tea!

Quote: newmiyamoto @ 24th February 2015, 11:32 PM GMT

Episode 3 was the best episode of the show. Possibly one of my favourite sitcom episodes of the past few years, tightly scripted from start to finish with enough jokes and plot for everyone.

I thought the opposite. There didn't seem to be much at stake for anyone apart from Andy's rent and we don't even find out if they won to cover it. So no pay-off. Literally.

I felt sorry for Sam who had a pretty weak storyline of sexting throughout and that was a weird reason for being at the studio. And then all Andy's 'enemies' turn out to help him for no real good reason.

I get that he goes from trying to do it solo to learning he needs other people sometimes but it just seemed all a bit contrived, unlike the other episodes of this sitcom which I really enjoy.

Good to see Rizzle or Kicks acting well, though.

So far this is a well written and likable sitcom.
It's funny but not really laugh out loud funny that often but somehow that seems to suit its gentle, at times almost Wes Andersonesque, style.

Overall, of the best recent new sitcoms I've seen in a while and well worth checking out.

I agree with both sides. Beautifully put together, and with some nice gags as well, but it did seem to escalate into a feel-good gang rather too quickly. Felt like the sort of relationship arc that would happen over a movie, not 28 minutes in one room.

Still, it was a very strong showing, and highly enjoyable, as usual.

Very enjoyable again this week. Is it just me or does it feel as if Series 2 of this is airing pretty much unnoticed? There doesn't seem to be much hype around it like there was last year.

I am really enjoying Series 2. Loved last week's episode, really funny.

[quote name="george roper" post="1111605" date="2nd March 2015, 3:11 PM GMT"I am really enjoying Series 2. Loved last week's episode, really funny.[/quote]
I enjoyed it too and thought Jordan from Rizzle Kicks (whom I've seen on Never Mind The Buzzcocks because I'm far too old for that genre of music) was rather good. I agree about the plot being a bit 'all over the shop', but I guess this is to showcase Andy's musicianship?

The one thing which stuck out was Gwen's wonderbra revealing outfit during the dream music video. I'd imagine some of the male BCGers would have become very hot under their respective anoraks as a result?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd March 2015, 3:18 PM GMT

The one thing which stuck out was Gwen's wonderbra revealing outfit during the dream music video. I'd imagine some of the male BCGers would have become very hot under their respective anoraks as a result?

I think there was something for everyone in the music video . . . straight, gay, man, woman, trans . . . just ignore Errol . . .

Haven't enjoyed the last two episodes, music themed one was poor and last night's....Andy seems to be stud to all women this series which is just for plot and not in line with character, needless period stuff, trapped in a room and both have no battery!, the female teacher's change in personality was cliched and out of place.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 4th March 2015, 1:04 AM GMT

Haven't enjoyed the last two episodes, music themed one was poor and last night's....Andy seems to be stud to all women this series which is just for plot and not in line with character, needless period stuff, trapped in a room and both have no battery!, the female teacher's change in personality was cliched and out of place.

No signal . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 4th March 2015, 5:38 AM GMT

No signal . . .

Well that can happen.

I often why Uncle Andy is such a magnet for women as in reality, the character is fairly mercurial and quite ranty. I thought Bruce's ex was good in last night's episode especially if (correct me if I'm wrong) she's a character who has previously oft been referred to, but hasn't appeared before?

Yeah, she hadn't appeared in the past.