The Phil Silvers Show

I just found out that they show Bilko every day on Forces TV
Have set that to series record
It's as good now as it's always been

One of those classics that never fails with me - very funny. Great scripts and actors who are all perfect in their parts.

Love it when Col. Hall is trying to get serious with Bilko and if Mrs Hall is in the vicinity Bilko will flatter her and take the wind out of the Colonel's sails, much to his frustration and annoyance. Laughing out loud

Great news. One of my favourites of all time.

PHEW!! After 71½ hours of 20 discs, I finally watched the last one, last night of the box set I bought in Jan. 2018, as Bilko came round in my rotation.

Interesting last disc actually, as there were only three episodes of Bilko, including of course the very last one (I wondered how it finished) and one of him as a guest on the Lucille Ball show, him on the Dick Cavett chat show, with Jack Benny and the promo for his next TV series, which appears to have bombed and gone into the dustbin of obscurity.

Been an enjoyable 3 days of viewing.

As a matter of interest, Herc, how many hours a day can you view comedy? I too have the Phil Silvers Show box set as well as many comedy dvds (a couple of hundred). But I don't really do them. I get lured into the radio which depresses the hell out of me. Was there a bit of a transition there? Did you start off on one hour per day and end up with 17 hours? How does this work? I need your counselling guidance!

I only watch comedy box-set DVDs in the evening, and as I've said many a time, in rotation - if you think about it, it took me about 3½ years to get to the end of the (large) Bilko series, and to be honest, at one point I thought I would never get to the end of it. Sometimes, I will watch two episodes, but not often as I think it spoils the enjoyment - hence binge watching is a complete anathema to me.

Generally, I find live TV these days - shit, and that's despite, or probably because of, the (too) many channels we have to choose from. Suits me fine, as I have my DVD collection.

All my radio comedy, and I have f**king loads of it (!!) Having recorded a lot of it live on either reel to reel or cassette, I listen to when I'm either doing some DIY (not so much of that now) or listing my eBay items.