Stella - Series 4

Stella. Image shows from L to R: Michael Jackson (Patrick Baladi), Stella (Ruth Jones). Copyright: Tidy Productions.

Stella

Comedy drama written by and starring Ruth Jones as Stella, a single mother struggling in the Welsh valleys

TheBlueNun

• Friday 6th February 2015, 9:36pm [Edited]
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

Well, so far so good. Dysfunctional central family, whacky locals, pantomime villains etc. I started watching series one on catchup and progressed from there really.

G180e

• Saturday 14th February 2015, 1:50pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,399 posts

I couldn't get into Series 1 so never bothered trying it again after Episode 1 of Series 1.

TheBlueNun

• Saturday 14th February 2015, 10:34pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

I watched it last night - man has it gone soapy. Even soapier than a direct hit on Port Sunlight. Bah!

Aaron

• Sunday 15th February 2015, 1:26pm [Edited]
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,829 posts
Quote: TheBlueNun @ 14th February 2015, 10:34 PM GMT

Even soapier than a direct hit on Port Sunlight.

Laughing out loud

I always found it to be like this, to be honest. I enjoy the series: light drama without any of the faux tension of the actual soaps, and a decent smattering of comic relief.

Sam Clare

• Sunday 22nd February 2015, 11:12pm [Edited]
  • Mossley, England
  • 2 posts

I've always really liked it in the past, but not as keen on this new series.
It's gone a bit 'too' silly. I know it's a comedy, but that Little Alan is really annoying with his pouting and scowling. It's too over the top.

TheBlueNun

• Monday 23rd February 2015, 6:23pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts
Quote: Sam Clare @ 22nd February 2015, 11:12 PM GMT

I've always really liked it in the past, but not as keen on this new series.
It's gone a bit 'too' silly. I know it's a comedy, but that Little Alan is really annoying with his pouting and scowling. It's too over the top.

I agree, I just keep thinking that all of the plotline has happened before, albeit with different characters. I also wish that they'd bin Auntie Di and Dai Davies; how about bringing Stella's parents back to Pontyberry?

However, Patrick Baladi wearing black leather and his stunt double riding a motorbike is well worth a gander. Yum. :P

Phil Cottrell

• Saturday 28th February 2015, 6:44pm
  • Victoria, BC, Canada
  • 43 posts
Quote: TheBlueNun @ 23rd February 2015, 6:23 PM GMT

However, Patrick Baladi wearing black leather and his stunt double riding a motorbike is well worth a gander. Yum. :P

I get distracted based on his role as David Brent's rather uptight, slightly posh replacement in The Office.

TheBlueNun

• Sunday 8th March 2015, 6:25pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

How many series do you think that they can get away with? It has enough characters to cope.