Patricia Routledge

Pam St Clement is currently undertaking a book tour to promote her forthcoming autobiography, hence, not being a fan of the soaps, I went to Wikipedia to find out more biographical detail. Anyway, she apparently was in a same-sex relationship with Ms Routledge. Well I never. When I investigated further Moira Stewart and Betty Boothroyd were both mentioned.

I couldn't imagine Hyacinth wrinkling her crepe de chine or removing her hat at any point. I'm surprised, which shows what a talented character artiste Ms Routledge undoubtedly is.

Laughing out loud

Such phraseology.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st February 2015, 5:23 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Such phraseology.

Why, thank you.

I keep imaging a parallel KUA universe where Hyacinth and Liz are, well, friends for other reasons than flower arranging/vicar bothering/am dram play readings. Blimey. What would Onslow say? Would he remove his cap in astonishment? I should really cease shipping sitcom characters, shouldn't I?

He'd just sit there in open-mouthed shock, I think.

I met both Patricia Routledge and Josephine Tewson last year. Your imagination is twisting my perfectly innocent memories.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st February 2015, 5:40 PM GMT

He'd just sit there in open-mouthed shock, I think.

I met both Patricia Routledge and Josephine Tewson last year. Your imagination is twisting my perfectly innocent memories.

I imagine that they were both impeccably charming to everyone. Ms Tewson was married to Leonard Rossiter at some point I believe?

Indeed, I believe so. An actress in need of an autobiography, I think!

Anyway, we're heading off topic...

Agreed. PR should pen one too; Celia Imrie's one was excellent.

Fifty Shades of Grey(ed) out.

Back to PR, I'm going to dig out some of her Kitty sketches on YouTube tomorrow as I appreciate the snobbery. I'm not sure about 'Hetty Wainwright Investigates' though.

I know a lesbian. She's friendly enough.

I think she was brilliant as Kitty. Also I think it was "To Sir with Love" she was one of the teachers and it took me some time to realise it was her.