Lance Percival has passed away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30746784

Awww, great all round entertainer - RIP Lance.

Saw him at the BFI's 50th birthday TW3 celebrations a couple of years ago and he was both charming and witty. Very sad news. RIP.

Wasn't in nearly enough stuff. Always thought he should've been a Carry On regular, he was in one! In all the 3 Up films and he shone in them so why wasn't he in a lot more British comedy movies and TV?

Producers messed up, he was a talent, a very English talent, and was woefully underused when some eg. Sid James were overused.

I have happy memories of singing along to his records with my Dad. Can't remember the titles now. One included the lyrics 'I told the wife, we'd be better off in Blackpool' and I think there was one about vegetables with the line 'my little brother leeks.' Laughing out loud

Quote: Loopey @ 10th January 2015, 6:24 PM GMT

One included the lyrics 'I told the wife, we'd be better off in Blackpool'

Gossip Calypso was one which of course would be outlawed now.

Quote: Aaron @ 10th January 2015, 6:26 PM GMT

Thanks Aaron. I can picture my Dad dancing round the lounge and singing this.
:)

I did not really remember him from comedy as that was before my time but I remember him in a film with Michael Caine Too Late the Hero. I did see him on some old re-runs of TW3 which I enjoyed as part of the David Frost bio.

OH so sad-- very ahead of his time, think it was 'That was the week that was'.

I always wondered if Nick Revell was any relation.

(Expects bombardment if he is and it's a well-known fact)

In the US we heard him as the voice of two cartoon BEATLES.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th February 2015, 9:47 PM GMT

I always wondered if Nick Revell was any relation.

(Expects bombardment if he is and it's a well-known fact)

Que?

Well they've got a lot of facial similarities.

I'll look it up!

Was very sad to hear about this. Fine comic actor and suprised too he wasn't in more Carry On films to be honest. Remember him in a Up Pompeii movie with Frankie Howerd I belive although I maybe wrong.