Comedy mentor?

Place your tips and secrets on being funny here Geek

hummmmmmmmmmm....

Try and get as many laughs as you can from your audience.

Put the funny bit at the end of the line.

Too many characters.

Don't write autobiographical accounts of your flat sharing experiences.

Until you're being paid regularly, write twice as much as anyone wants and throw the worst 50%of it away.

Ignore the advice of people on the internet. They are almost certainly scammers with no proper professional credits ;)

Can you be someone's mentor if you only meet via the ether?

Yes Paul, and I think you will be the first to thank me for all the life changing advice I have given you here!

When I was 16 I wanted to be Jack Dee.
Two years ago I wanted to be Jack Dee again, but for different reasons. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/melanie-cs-canoe-capsizes-during-3326070

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th January 2015, 12:41 PM GMT

When I was 16 I wanted to be Jack Dee.
Two years ago I wanted to be Jack Dee again, but for different reasons. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/melanie-cs-canoe-capsizes-during-3326070

"....My helmet is covered in scratches"

She's a tiger that Mel C

I resisted that.

Never, ever resist the obvious.

"Stop escaping from wizard prison, or I'll suck your soul out".

That's what a Common Dementor would say. You're welcome.

The best advice I ever got was, 'Think F**k it.' I'm not joking. My sense of humour isn't that bad. If you go on stage thinking it'll be awful it probably will be.
(P.S. Just for the record: Cameron Diaz is the person I most want to have sex with; Melanie C is the person I most want to make love to. I would take Cameron Diaz to bed, but I would invite Melanie C for a beer and a kebab and then take her to bed.)

What if she doesn't like kebabs?

Does this chat up routine ever work?

Quote: beaky @ 31st January 2015, 3:22 PM GMT

What if she doesn't like kebabs?

You're right. My plain is flawed.
Back on topic, I recommend Logan Murray's 'Teach yourself Stand-Up Comedy'.