Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe

I watched it last night and thought that Charlie, his contributors and the writing was razor sharp. There was no Doug Stanhope nor Tim Key, the latter having migrated over to Adam Buxton's Festive Shed, but to be honest I didn't miss his woeful poetry. The highlight for me was Brooker's satirical update of 'Reasons To Be Cheerful (Part Three) backed by the magnificent Blockheads.

It was good, though disappointing (if probably inevitable) that some of it was recycled from Weekly Wipes. He did manage to keep the focus well for the full hour, and made some incisive points amongst the silly jokes.

Quite enjoyable when he is not tripping over himself being too clever and I too miss Doug Stanhope but not that supposed poet; BUT WHY does he allow airtime to that talentless "ironic" Philomoronic C**t or whatever her "play on words ennit funny" name is supposed to be along with the dickhead that appears with her. Both so unfunny it is criminal.

Thank heavens I record it so I can fast forward through those two morons.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2014, 7:19 PM GMT

Quite enjoyable when he is not tripping over himself being too clever and I too miss Doug Stanhope but not that supposed poet; BUT WHY does he allow airtime to that talentless "ironic" Philomoronic C**t or whatever her "play on words ennit funny" name is supposed to be along with the dickhead that appears with her. Both so unfunny it is criminal.

Thank heavens I record it so I can fast forward through those two morons.

I didn't think that those two were too bad last night, but agree that I used to FF the Philomena Cunk section of Newswipe because the character was so bloody inane. Diane Morgan's good live though.

Yay, the Romanian guy got a job!