Please critique my performance

Could someone give me advice and feedback on some performance I did a few months ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoLnzXk3Eg

Cheers

I think you really need to learn what you're doing without having to read your notes like that. Maybe you could build the notes into a joke in you really can't do without them.

eg.
Go on stage holding your notes in one hand.

Hello! Bit nervous! Got my notes though!

READING: "Learn act so you don't need notes". Bugger!

No offence Luca but if you can't put in the effort to learn your material how can you expect anyone to put in the effort to watch and critique your performance?

My advice would be, learn your stuff and get a good opening joke so that you are not leaving the audience waiting too long at the beginning for a laugh, do 100 gigs then post another clip and then get some feedback.

Ok first of all I'm guessing you weren't supporting Kate.... you were doing a showcase for a show she taught.
Am I right?

You couldn't even write notes on the back of your hand.

I'm guessing that's your first gig.

Please stop showing it to people. Everyone's first gig sucks, but yours has lashings of arrogance, crap persona, poor jokes, lousy technique and arrogance on top.

Basically you've done the equivalent of a man on trial for murder, reenacting the murder in court, whilst wearing an I love murder tshirt and presenting character references from Harold Shipman and Fred West.

Take that abomination of a video down. Do another better gig and then another and then show that video.

The sound of a standup opening a notebook, is a sound nearly as dread inducing as the sound of a firing squad cocking it's rifles.

(I actually thought you had some potential buried in there).

nb

just saw your profile, now I am confused apparently you're gigging regularly. Why on earth did you choose that video to show your wares off?

Sorry Luca but that was very difficult to watch. I have no idea why you would share it for comments. Good luck!

Surely, you already understand what is wrong with it. Before you ask for critique on your material, at least perfect your delivery.

Fair enough, you gave it a go but yeah learn it or at least be very good at improv. Hope you keep going at it though.

Painful. Just painful.

I suppose the video has some worth in that you could show it to people as an example of what not to do if you want to be a stand-up comedian.

I'm somewhat worried, though, that you've not posted again since this. You were either expecting showers of praise and have been shocked into silence by the response (in which case hopefully this has been a very effective lesson in humility - a characteristic that audiences like in a performer) or your career has taken off meteorically since last December and you've not had time to post again because your life has become a rollercoaster of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.

I'm afraid BCG critique is the alpha predator of the comedy world.

A feirsome tiger felling the over confident and underprepared.

Fear it's feirsome claws and hideous bite.

Still, not as fearsome as some audiences can be :)

You're not in Footlights are you, Luca? May help you improve?

I was also taught by Kate Smurthwaite. "Meh" is the word. She had a splendid way of scrolling through her iPhone during our various 'comedy warmup exercises." Barry Ferns is *so* much better as a teacher.

I think we should leave slagging off teachers to the Bebo crowd?

Quick tip, Wouldn't start with a slow burning joke.

I couldn't really understand what you were saying. The note looking was VERY distracting. It takes away from the joke.