Jeremy Lloyd

Just seen that Jeremy Lloyd has died age 84.

RIP J lloyd

Just read his obituary - I didn't know he'd got across Joanna Lumley in his time...

Married her is the phrase you may be looking for?

Yes, RIP Mr. Lloyd, and yes, married to Joanna Lumley for a short spell, during which time he wrote and both appeared in a sitcom; but I can find no reference to it - anyone know what it was?

In the mid 60s(?) B&W - can clearly remember scenes from it, so it is very odd that I can find no reference. One-off Comedy Playhouse maybe?

RIP too. A fine craftsman of classic British comedies.

Very, very sad by this news. An extremely talented writer who has brought untold hours of joy to the world. I never had the honour of meeting him, but he's made me laugh more than I care to think.

RIP, Jeremy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd December 2014, 4:02 PM GMT

In the mid 60s(?) B&W - can clearly remember scenes from it, so it is very odd that I can find no reference. One-off Comedy Playhouse maybe?

Mum's Boys, 1968? Starring Irene Handl and Bernard Bresslaw.

If you're trying to think of what he appeared in with Lumley, you're probably remembering 1971's It's Awfully Bad For Your Eyes, Darling..., written by Jilly Cooper and Christopher Bond.

Very sad news indeed. One of the best British comedy writers of all time. Jeremys seem to be dropping
like flies currently. Hopefully some will just about make it into 2015, not that it is by any means certain.

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd December 2014, 5:47 PM GMT

If you're trying to think of what he appeared in with Lumley, you're probably remembering 1971's It's Awfully Bad For Your Eyes, Darling..., written by Jilly Cooper and Christopher Bond.

That sounds like it, but the date suggests it was in colour whereas I have it in my head as B&W. Did notice that it was a Comedy Playhouse originally so perhaps that was not in colour?

Or am I getting too old to recollect properly. :(

a lot of synapses have disconnected or misfired as we have aged matey.

Well mine have certainly synapsed..... :( or :D

Heaven seems to be very desperately in need of great artists at the moment.

Thanks for the many many laughs, Jeremy Lloyd.

A great talent and always seemed to be a nice bloke.

Yes - RIP Jeremy.

The first thing I saw him in was a musical called Robert & Elizabeth about Browning and Barrett.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd December 2014, 6:48 PM GMT

That sounds like it, but the date suggests it was in colour whereas I have it in my head as B&W. Did notice that it was a Comedy Playhouse originally so perhaps that was not in colour?

Or am I getting too old to recollect properly. :(

Well you had to have a colour TV to see it in colour.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd December 2014, 11:04 PM GMT

Well you had to have a colour TV to see it in colour.

No.........who would have thought it :|

He was also an actor, appearing in many comedy films of the 1960s, usually ones with Leslie Phillips in them, as a Hooray Henry type.