Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 28

I noticed the front page of BCG on Monday said there hadn't been much comment on Rhod's appointment as host, so I thought I'd rectify that. In short, he's been great. Less cynical than Mark Lamarr and Simon Amstell (but only slightly), he's really injected a sense of fun back into proceedings. The episode where he improvised an entire lineup as the original guy had pulled out was superb, and really showed his talent as a comic.

A couple of years ago, Buzzcocks really was a dead show walking - the guest presenters went on a series too long at least - and whilst it still isn't perfect, it's certainly the best it's been in a while. Phill Jupitus really needs moving on though - I really like him as a comic and on other things, but he's either getting a brutal edit, or he's barely said anything all series and just taking the paycheck (honestly I think this has been an issue with the show for a while).

Agree. I've been watching the series on and off since the Mark Lamarr days (blimey, I'm showing my age here....) and think that Rhod Gilbert is doing a sterling job. Not sure about Phill being replaced though - he is becoming a tad complacent, but he's a huge source of knowledge about all things on the popular music front.

And that is that.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001820/bbc_two_axe_never_mind_the_buzzcocks/

:(

Loved the Lamarr years, loved Amstell too. And Noel was a great addition.

Suppose it had to end sometime. But it's still a shame.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th May 2015, 2:39 PM BST

And that is that.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001820/bbc_two_axe_never_mind_the_buzzcocks/

BCG needs to organize a campaign to save it. It's tonnes funnier than HIGNFY and most of the other bollocks panel shows the BBC shits out.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ 26th May 2015, 7:12 PM BST

BCG needs to organize a campaign to save it. It's tonnes funnier than HIGNFY and most of the other bollocks panel shows the BBC shits out.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

Gave up watching it years ago - old hat. Good riddance.

I thought it improved with Rhod Gilbert as host...

But I still can't say I am too surprised.

I would have liked to see it go on
But it is quite expensive recording for 6 hours each week in the hope that you can get a 5 funny seconds from Jupitus