I didn't get where I am today...

by not introducing myself to this forum. So let's start with that shall we?

I am Axel from Belgium, 26 years old and I just love British Comedy. Not that I don't watch any other comedy like those of today (Mike & Molly, Modern Family, Parks And Recreation...) but nothing can top the humour of the British, that's just a fact.

Now I am a special case, I am an old man in a young body, what I mean by that is that I love older music, older movies, older series and shows, to put it simple things men or woman of my age would not like or have an interest in. There will be others but not many that's for sure. British Comedy is an example of that. I have been watching it since I was young and when I got old enough I started watching more, even starting a collection and if all goes well I will be doing that for the rest of my life.

Sadly it's not easy to get a hold of this series or shows since my country has to import them most of the time. Only the really popular ones are easy to find. I don't know enough of Ebay or Amazon and don't trust it enough to use it either. So my last chance is sometimes to order it from overseas like the BBC Shop.

To give you an example of my taste, I will give you my personal favourite series/shows of British Comedy in a top 10 fashion. However, this will change since I have yet to watch more series and shows in the future. As of now it is as followed:

1) Fawlty Towers
2) Keeping Up Appearances
3) Dad's Army
4) Allo Allo
5) The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin
6) Are You Being Served
7) Blackadder
8) Some Mothers Do Ave Em
9) The Brittas Empire
10) Monty Python

As of now I am watching One Foot In The Grave and it's really amusing. In the near future I will defenitely watch Oh Doctor Beeching, Only Fools And Horses, Open All Hours, The Vicar Of Dibley and more.

If some of you have suggestions or know similar shows of this moment that are as good as some of the above, then please share. Thanks for reading and most especially thanks for sharing the best humour in the world.

Welcome :)

I didn't get where I am today.

Here's a fellow Axel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-Xzf19VOo :)

Welcome CJ II.

Hi Axel, welcome to the BCG.

Quote: Ancolet @ 15th December 2014, 5:42 PM GMT

Now I am a special case, I am an old man in a young body, what I mean by that is that I love older music, older movies, older series and shows, to put it simple things men or woman of my age would not like or have an interest in.

My sitcom top ten doesn't look all too different from your's and I'm relatively young as well.
You have to check out Only Fools by all means...and Porridge.

Welcome matey

Thanks everyone, also for the suggestions! I love One Foot In The Grave at the moment, can surely understand why so many people like it. Only Fools And Horses is defenitely on my to do list, Porridge I have read about but don't really know it.

So so many things to suggest, it looks like you now have a list to go through.

Do you get BBC Entertainment over there (was BBC Prime I think)? I think a lot of older stuff gets put on there.

Also, although harder to find, don't forget radio comedy. Some brilliant things on Radio4 - I've just found "Everyone quite likes Justin", and "Tom Wrigglesworth's Hang up's" is always good along with old favourites like King Street Junior (probably the first 'sitcom' I listened to on the radio when I was a kid).