Don't worry, I'm not selling anything.

Hi,

I've done some lurking on here in the past as a guest, and tonight it eventually got the better of me and I decided to register.

I, like most of you I expect, hope this forum will help bring me fabulous wealth, romance, superstardom - and perhaps most importantly of all, one day having my own reality based show on ITV2.

By the way, I'm a one forum kind of guy too. I wouldn't want you to think I'm all over some other forum when I'm not with you. I really want this to work between us.

Thanks for having me.

LG.

Welcome onboard Lance. Always nice to have new blood.

Quote: Will Cam @ 8th December 2014, 6:27 AM GMT

Always nice to have new blood.

Didn't you hear? He's not selling!

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 8th December 2014, 1:50 AM GMT

Thanks for having me.

LG.

Thank you for coming.

Welcome. :)

Welcome too; excellent first post.

Thanks everyone :)

So, are there any Manchester folk on here? - or have I immediately just lost you all by saying the dreaded M word? . . .

(shudders delicately)

Quote: beaky @ 8th December 2014, 8:44 PM GMT

(shudders delicately)

(flutters eyelashes)

I lived in Levenshume for a while, luckily I got out alive. I'm a Blackpool lad (don't judge me!) but live in Suffolk now. Whereabouts in Manc you from?

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 8th December 2014, 8:06 PM GMT

Thanks everyone :)

So, are there any Manchester folk on here? - or have I immediately just lost you all by saying the dreaded M word? . . .

Checks wallet :P

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 8th December 2014, 1:50 AM GMT

Hi,

I've done some lurking on here in the past as a guest, and tonight it eventually got the better of me and I decided to register.

I, like most of you I expect, hope this forum will help bring me fabulous wealth, romance, superstardom - and perhaps most importantly of all, one day having my own reality based show on ITV2.

By the way, I'm a one forum kind of guy too. I wouldn't want you to think I'm all over some other forum when I'm not with you. I really want this to work between us.

Thanks for having me.

LG.

I think of the forum as work in a Government office, a wireless, being on an inter-railing holiday in Europe, Shoot magazine as it was in 1975 and the last service station before heaven but that's just me. Welcome!

I'm a manc, hoping to get a job in the nearby new BBC studios set up in Salford. but no luck so far. are you a comedy writer or stand up?

Quote: DanShentonLives @ 14th December 2014, 11:48 PM GMT

I lived in Levenshume for a while, luckily I got out alive. I'm a Blackpool lad (don't judge me!) but live in Suffolk now. Whereabouts in Manc you from?

I'm from Wythenshawe, which is a bit like Levenshulme - but with more stabbings.

What's Suffolk like?

Quote: Will Cam @ 15th December 2014, 9:03 AM GMT

Checks wallet :P

You're thinking of Liverpudlians :D

Quote: Patrick Parkinson @ 16th December 2014, 8:03 PM GMT

I'm a manc, hoping to get a job in the nearby new BBC studios set up in Salford. but no luck so far. are you a comedy writer or stand up?

Wow, good stuff! what's your background? you confident you can get a job there then? doing what?

I'm trying to be a comedy writer, but Manchester has very limited opportunities for those at the moment. I'm working on a sitcom with a mate, but it's advancing slowly as we're both busy with over every day lives (desk jobs, wives, kids, blah, blah)

I would love to give stand up a go actually, but I'm not interested in pursuing it as a 'thing' - just to be able to get up and do 5 minutes somewhere would be a thrill.

What would be great, and why I sort of joined this forum in a way is, I would like to meet several Manchester based people to collaborate with, maybe all get together, write, perform and see what we can do. It would be good to meet some people with mutual interests comedy-wise, that are also passionate about producing something, or performing something.

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 16th December 2014, 8:16 PM GMT

I'm from Wythenshawe, which is a bit like Levenshulme - but with more stabbings.

What's Suffolk like?

Yeah I know Wythenshawe, a bit like Blackpool with slightly more class...

Suffolk's pretty nice. A little too nice, actually. I'm worried I've stumbled into Sandford from Hot Fuzz or something.

Seriously though, I don't end up talking to crazy people at bus stops - although nobody talks to anybody at bus stops here. I tried, but I just looked like the crazy person who talks to people at bus stops. The girls don't sound like men here, though. That's nice