Phoenix Nights Live Reunion

So after years of telling us "it's going to return", Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights is returning on 31st January 2015 and 1st February 2015 for two live stage show performances all in aid of Comic Relief.

Tickets are on sale this Sunday at 11am, is anyone thinking of getting tickets. I expect they will be sold out in seconds.

*15 live shows actually took place due to the high demand of the tickets for the first two performances.

I can't say I have any confidence left in the man. Since the TV series, the quality of his work has nose-dived, from the awful Max & Paddy on through his increasingly lazy and repetitive live work. I am at least pleased he's restricting it to a live show. Phoenix Nights Series 3 may have once been longed for, but I imagine all he would manage, is to taint that show if he tried to resurrect it.

I liked Max and Paddy. :O

So who here's got their tickets booked ? Apart from me :)

Hello I have 2 sets of 2 tickets for the 3rd of February 7.30pm show Block 110 Row U Seats 5,6,15 and 16 looking £50 each open to offers want payment via PayPal

Quote: adam webberley @ 2nd February 2015, 8:23 AM GMT

Hello I have 2 sets of 2 tickets for the 3rd of February 7.30pm show Block 110 Row U Seats 5,6,15 and 16 looking £50 each open to offers want payment via PayPal

Is it still going ahead without Ted Robbins?

Yes it is still going ahead.

Does anyone know if one of the shows are being recorded for a DVD release?

I hope Ted will be ok. I always enjoyed him in Phoenix Nights.

Quote: G180e @ 2nd February 2015, 8:48 PM GMT

Supposedly not, but I'm really not sure I believe that at all.

I saw this live and it was absolutely hilarious, I loved it.

For those that have seen both Still Game Live and Phoenix Nights Live, were there any similarities?
Peter Kay and Paddy were spotted in attendance at Still Game Live last year, looking for ideas or just enjoying a good night out?
I do know that Peter had (while the show was still on air) asked if he could guest on Still Game . . .

Quote: G180e @ 2nd February 2015, 8:48 PM GMT

It's Peter Kay. So that means it will be filmed, then filmed again at a different theatre. The first will be released. Then the second one, but with promotion that makes it look like a different show. Then a third DVDthat's a 'Best of Phoenix Nights Live', both shows edited together. Then again with a tagged on behind the scenes documentary. Then a book 'Phoenix Nights Live: The Scripts'. Then a cd with songs and dialogue from the show. If he can find another way to release it on DVD again, he will.

I watched Phoenix Nights again recently, and it's aged really badly. It hardly raised a titter for me, and yet 10 years ago I thought it was brilliant!

Quote: Wills @ 28th February 2015, 11:01 AM GMT

I watched Phoenix Nights again recently, and it's aged really badly. It hardly raised a titter for me, and yet 10 years ago I thought it was brilliant!

No, it hasn't.

A quality sitcom.