Benidorm - Series 7 Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ 14th February 2015, 1:46 PM GMT

It won't be the same if Mateo's really gone!

Do you know any info about series 8?

Only https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001710/benidorm_series_8_confirmed/

I honestly think ITV will run this dry, I bet this will go on for about 10 series if not more.
Series 1 & 2 - Hilarious (Laugh out Loud Funny)
Series 3 - Good (Very Funny)
Series 4 - Quite Good (Funny)
Series 5 - Mediocre (Decent)
Series 6 - Poor (Few Chuckles here and there)
Series 7 - Poor (Few episodes I didn't even laugh once)

I was hoping there was not going to be another series. I think they should stop now while the going's good because at some point people will end up saying "is that still on?" as we did with last of the summer wine. They could do a sequel from it based on the Garvey family at home, that could be quite funny.

Also, why is it that a Series 1-7 box set collection hasn't been released this year?

This won't go down well but I went off this series from about series 4 or 5 when the writer and producers decided to make this show as a (in my opinion) Last of the Summer Wine goes abroad.

Nothing against LOTSW, infact, nothing but respect for the longest running comedy series in history, but, I felt Benidorm evolved into something that didn't quite suit it.

Quote: G180e @ 14th February 2015, 1:58 PM GMT

I honestly think ITV will run this dry, I bet this will go on for about 10 series if not more.
Series 1 & 2 - Hilarious (Laugh out Loud Funny)
Series 3 - Good (Very Funny)
Series 4 - Quite Good (Funny)
Series 5 - Mediocre (Decent)
Series 6 - Poor (Few Chuckles here and there)
Series 7 - Poor (Few episodes I didn't even laugh once)

Totally agree with your post. the first 3 series were also only half hour episodes as well. When it went to the hour episodes the quality did slip

Benidorm however still gets great ratings; as long as the ratings are high, they will continue to make new episodes

I am really pleased that this programme has been created. What I like about the show is that it is not completely based on a few main characters, there are quite a few characters that star in the show, and I really like the casting of Johnny Vegas as 'The Oracle', who provides much laughter along with the other characters. This is a comedy which in my opinion suits those audiences who enjoy seeing characters making fools of themselves as you might find on a real holiday. I however think that the show could be improved in the fact that it spreads only as far as the hotel area for the entire show. I would like to see the characters wander into the town and get into trouble as well as the hotel. However I would definitely recommend this programme as it is a real good laugh.

Quote: Mike Wilson @ 24th February 2015, 8:27 PM GMT

I am really pleased that this programme has been created. What I like about the show is that it is not completely based on a few main characters, there are quite a few characters that star in the show, and I really like the casting of Johnny Vegas as 'The Oracle', who provides much laughter along with the other characters. This is a comedy which in my opinion suits those audiences who enjoy seeing characters making fools of themselves as you might find on a real holiday. I however think that the show could be improved in the fact that it spreads only as far as the hotel area for the entire show. I would like to see the characters wander into the town and get into trouble as well as the hotel. However I would definitely recommend this programme as it is a real good laugh.

I have been watching more episodes although am still confused which series it is I'm watching. The latest one I saw was the one with the general knowledge quiz. I now feel that my early impression was right. This is a very good programme indeed and often laugh out loud. The characters are totally believable and I've met many in real life. The woman in the motorised scooter, for example. She is absolutely spot on. Gwen, how I remember you.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 13th March 2015, 5:41 PM GMT

I have been watching more episodes although am still confused which series it is I'm watching. The latest one I saw was the one with the general knowledge quiz. I now feel that my early impression was right. This is a very good programme indeed and often laugh out loud. The characters are totally believable and I've met many in real life. The woman in the motorised scooter, for example. She is absolutely spot on. Gwen, how I remember you.

A Horseradish it is series 1 your watching atm.

Quote: george roper @ 14th March 2015, 12:19 PM GMT

A Horseradish it is series 1 your watching atm.

Thanks for the information George.

I thought it might be.

Not sure then if I've seen any of series 2-8 yet.

I'm looking forward to them. :)

I can't believe this is still being picked up. Not funny.