The non-cliquey pop music thread.

I know that the pop/rock thread has been hi-jacked by a few musical snobs. Yes - I admit it.

So this is to discuss ordinary pop. I'll even refrain from being abusive about Take That.

I like The Spice Girls....well, some aspects.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd November 2014, 9:22 PM GMT

I'll even refrain from being abusive about Take That.

:O

I actually think their new song is rubbish, so you've timed that badly. ;)

I like the new Bowie single!

Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)

Would have fitted on the Outside album (with a slightly more eclectronic arrangement).

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd November 2014, 9:47 AM GMT

I like the new Bowie single!

Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime)

Would have fitted on the Outside album (with a slightly more eclectronic arrangement).

Confused.com - isn't that more for the "pop/rock thread"? Not sure if I can involved with this one as "modern" pop does very little for me - now if it was a 60s pop music thread......... :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd November 2014, 10:26 AM GMT

Confused.com - isn't that more for the "pop/rock thread"?

Possibly, but I'd really like to contribute to this thread but I surely won't discuss new albums by One Direction, Robin Thicke or Rihanna or the state of J.Lo's bum. What's left then?: Maybe topics about people like Clapton or Peter Gabriel, something between mainstream and "the good ol' days".

You're talking of "modern pop"...the only modern stuff I like are bands like Air or Radiohead. But these belong in the nerdy thread, imo.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd November 2014, 11:54 AM GMT

I surely won't discuss new albums by One Direction,

Aw, go on I dare you :P

I think the new Take That song is a real catchy song. You have to admire their ability to change direction.

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd December 2014, 7:59 PM GMT

I think the new Take That song is a real catchy song. You have to admire their ability to change direction.

Keep him talking . . I'll phone.

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ 22nd November 2014, 9:46 PM GMT

:O

I actually think their new song is rubbish, so you've timed that badly. ;)

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd December 2014, 7:59 PM GMT

1-1.

I thought I'd post this on here because I know a lot of people ignore the Pop/Rock thread.

A couple of weeks ago Christopher Rainbow died. He made a couple of brilliant real pop songs - one is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wL_0PutJs

He was also involved in producing jingles for Capital Radio and if hedidn't actually create Kenny Everett's jingles I know Kenny was a big fan and influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF15qW6f7uk

I think this should go in the pop/rock thread. It is a bit cliquey.

"We belong here, Chappers!"

Honestly, I don't know what women see in him!

F**k me. I think it's time I left here.