Only Connect Page 29

One of the Beasts in the Bible has many heads and roars like a lion. It had feet like a bear and is like a big cat, so picture 4 would be some sort of big cat (but not a lion) ?

It's a giveaway, no? Earlier this page I mentioned the "boar".

EDIT: Previous page. Mentioning the tasks of Hercules.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

I wanted to see how wide awake you were after you got off your face with the vodka binge (more tonic methinks). Angelic

As soon as I read your post I thought "Ah! Let's see how long it takes before the penny drops" :D

Yes, I know the Hydra is not brilliant but it was the only one available on Getty Images at the time and the then OC editor was strict about that, BUT they accepted it and was used (picture wise) pretty much as you see it here in the copy of the original sheet I sent them. I think it was either series 10 or 11.

Another one tomorrow if you are interested....................or someone else wants a go?

And the three headed dog (Cerberus) was the twelfth labour. You could do the Twelve Tasks of Asterix of course.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th May 2017, 3:31 PM

And the three headed dog (Cerberus) was the twelfth labour. You could do the Twelve Tasks of Asterix of course.

Umm, thanks. It's in my 2017 New Ideas folder already. ;)

The Twelve Tasks of Asterix? Who is going to remember those in any order? I consider myself a serious Asterix fan, but what can I recall?
Outrun someone
Throw a javelin further
Wrestle a midget German
Eat all the food prepared by a chef
The isle/land of pleasure
Get a form from a bureaucratic maze (the place that sends you mad)
Look into the eyes of a hypnotist
Cross a canyon of crocodiles
Enter the cave (of the future)
Sleep in the plain of ghosts
Guess the old man of the mountain's laundry detergent

OK, that's 11, but probably not in correct order. Far too hard.

Emerald?

Oooooh, so close

4. Turd.
This is the sequence they came out, when you smuggled gems stones out of Sri Lanka.
Or maybe 4. Urine (although that must have hurt). Or is it birth stones ?

Quote: Firkin @ 7th May 2017, 5:12 PM

Or is it birth stones ?

.................and the fourth one is?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th May 2017, 8:38 PM

.................and the fourth one is?

Diamond ?

Yes. :)

Now this will be the last one for a while, so perhaps someone else can have a go, and I wanted to use this as it is an example of what fell foul of one of their unwritten "rules" and which still annoys me a tad.

This "rule" is that the four clues should either all be from the same stable OR each from a different one. I'll give you an example:-

Say you put up a connection on fruit and the answers were Orange, Lemon, Lime and Banana - that would be wrong as three of them citrus and one not. They all need to be citrus or all different types of fruit.

Now, I said OK I'll bear that in mind and then f**k me if one of the questions in this last series didn't break that rule big time and in effect twice AND to rub salt into the wound on the same subject as the question I had had turned down. Talk about piss you off. When I raised this with the editor he said "Ah well, Joe Bloggs (the previous editor who I thought was a twat - that's not his real name) had his own agenda and sometimes let things like that slip through". Did he really, well that makes me feel a lot better about the whole debacle. Angry

So, now I have had the opportunity to get that off my chest, here's that question with the first clue:-

1/.

2/.