Puppy Love

I've just watched it - what are people's opinions? There seemed to be quite a lot of information thrown at the audience regarding backgrounds etc, in fact the kind of detail S1, ep3 of new comedies tend to include. Joanna Scanlan was good, but Vicki Pepperdine was reprising her Dr Pippa Moore from Getting On role somewhat - i.e. a middle-class highly strung woman.

It also seemed more of a comedy-drama rather than a sitcom. I will tune in to ep2 though.

Damn! Forgot all about it! I'll definetely catch it on iPlayer, loved Getting On.

It was very slow (I really thought it had been on an hour!) but Scanlan and Pepperdine always manage to be entertaining whatever they're in, so I expect I'll watch it again.

Quote: zooo @ 15th November 2014, 1:43 PM GMT

It was very slow (I really thought it had been on an hour!) but Scanlan and Pepperdine always manage to be entertaining whatever they're in, so I expect I'll watch it again.

I couldn't agree more; noted that it has a six episode run instead of the three which many BBC4 comedies seem to be granted, so there's ample time for plot and character development.

Margi is not quite as horny as she used to be.

Episode two just wasn't funny. I'm not sure where it's all leading; it's a bit like a pale imitation of Stella but with canines instead of neighbours. Why was the flannelling scene in there and can Vicki Pepperdine play anything other than highly-strung officious women?

Perhaps it's aimed more at dog owners? I'm a cat person myself.

Loved this! Funny, great characters. Hoping for a second series.