Late night writing in London

Does anyone know of any libraries or similar that are open late? I'm looking for somewhere I can go and write uninterrupted for hours.

I know the British Library reading rooms are open until 8 but I'm looking for something a bit later if possible.

You want to drive from Wales to London to write late at night?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/student_parents/a199764-any-one-know-of-any-libraries-with-late-night-opening

A mums net discussion on the subject.

Birkbeck student library is open till midnight, but you won't get in if you're not studying there.

Also it tends to be noisier than an monkey orgy in an abatoir, that's being shelled.

Quote: thebda @ 5th November 2014, 2:41 PM GMT

Does anyone know of any libraries or similar that are open late? I'm looking for somewhere I can go and write uninterrupted for hours.

I know the British Library reading rooms are open until 8 but I'm looking for something a bit later if possible.

My library is open all day, every day. It's just next to the drawing room, along the corridor from the billiard room.

Can't you just find a late night caff?
As long as you buy a cup of tea every now and then, and they're not turning people away at the door, they're usually pretty cool.
And people watching is often a good way to get inspired.

Eeh Ethel is that man on the next table writing about us?

He is in all the dirty dog!

I bet it's comedy, just drink your tea and don't do nothing funny, the perverted humourous swine

Quote: sootyj @ 6th November 2014, 3:12 PM GMT

Eeh Ethel is that man on the next table writing about us?

He is in all the dirty dog!

I bet it's comedy, just drink your tea and don't do nothing funny, the perverted humourous swine

I bet he's rubbish anyway, and transcribes our London accents so we sound like we come from bloomin Leeds.

'Appen he is.

The National Theatre on the South Bank is open till 11pm and have plenty of space on lots of floors. We wrote there till gone 11pm once and no-one threw us out.

Dan

they sold tickets for it, 6 men in search of a punchline.

I think it won a Gielguld award for repeated use of the word Dan in a stage play.

Narrowly beating Danny Champion of the World.

As usual, Sooty is talking utter rubbish...

It was 5 men AND A WOMAN in search of a punchline.

Sexist!

Dan

So it was after the op Dan?
I thought you were just wearing that charming summer dress because it was hot and you needed the ventilation.

Dan

Once again, wildly misinformed!

It was not 'charming'. It was 'capricious'.

Dan

Terminal 5's good. Lots of places to hide too.

is everyone here living in a slum tenament

Those who don't live in Switzerland, yes.

Quote: Splodge @ 17th November 2014, 10:23 AM GMT

Terminal 5's good. Lots of places to hide too.

The parking is FAR from free though!

Dan