Good Evening

Good evening all,

My name is Gaz and I am from Leeds,West Yorkshire.

I decided to join this forum because I love comedy.Not sort of writing but more watching them if you know what I mean.

There is quite a few comedies I like such as Only Fools and Horses,Porridge and that sort of thing.

Hopefully I will discuss more aspects of comedy around the forum,

Gaz

Hello and welcome. :)

When I saw your title I thought - Hancockian Kenneth Williams entering the fray.

Thank you very much.

I have always liked Kenneth Williams such a charming actor.

Hi Gaz,
have a good laugh here.

Quote: Gazzo @ 28th October 2014, 9:43 PM GMT

There is quite a few comedies I like such as Only Fools and Horses,Porridge and that sort of thing.

Yeah, I love the classics too!

Thank you very much!

Your username is fabulous.

Hello Gaz and welcome to the board

Thank you very much.

Quote: Gazzo @ 28th October 2014, 9:48 PM GMT

Thank you very much.

I have always liked Kenneth Williams such a charming actor.

As soon as I read your thread title I could see KW as Snide in HHH saying "Good Evening" in that creepy way he had. Laughing out loud

A warm welcome from me too. Speaking of KW, have you looked on YouTube for the various clips from the ITV 'An Audience With'? if not, do as they're brilliant. I have heard him tell the same anecdote on different shows over the years, but I don't care - he was a master storyteller.

Thank you very much.

No but I will check it out now thank you very much for the tip.

I didn't know Kenneth Williams said it in a creepy way.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th October 2014, 12:40 PM GMT

A warm welcome from me too. Speaking of KW, have you looked on YouTube for the various clips from the ITV 'An Audience With'? if not, do as they're brilliant. I have heard him tell the same anecdote on different shows over the years, but I don't care - he was a master storyteller.

I have it on DVD and never fails to amuse. :D I think that was the one that he finished up with the mock French song?

Quote: Gazzo @ 29th October 2014, 12:52 PM GMT

I didn't know Kenneth Williams said it in a creepy way.

He did vary it, and sometimes it was creepy the way he seemed to sidle up and say it, like he was invading your personal space - that's my impression. :)

[quote name="Hercules Grytpype Thynne" post="1096482" date="29th October 2014, 1:10 PM GMT"]I have it on DVD and never fails to amuse. :D I think that was the one that he finished up with the mock French song?

That's it - Williams draped over a grand piano wearing a rather dapper velvet smoking jacket and bow tie (plus trousers, natch) singing a cod French song in a rather splendid way.

I also like watching old clips of Parkinson and This Is Your Life for the very same reason. Someone at work once called me an anachronism, which was something to put on my mid-year appraisal if nothing else.

'Ma Crepe Suzette' or, as he interprets it "a flamin' 'ot dish"

Laughing out loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MbZjzIg5w8

Marty Feldman did something similar when he sang the contents of a bottle of HP sauce, which used to be printed in French on the side label (don't think they do it now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJnP5W_fF8

Clever and funny. :D

They are both fabulous clips, thank you for sharing. I'd forgotten just how talented the late Marty Feldman was.

You're welcome and I think we can safely put him in the genius class. :)