Mitchell and Webb - The Green Clarinet sketch

I enjoy watching The Mitchell and Webb Look, although it is hit and miss at times.

I absolutely love The Green Clarinet sketch though, which was on last weeks repeat.

Anyone else like that one?

Yes!
It's on youtube somewhere.

Yup, one of their really great sketches... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekx3unEYYWg

In hindsight I think most people (myself included) were probably a bit over-critical of the TV series when it first aired. Looking back, its hit .v. miss ratio was probably the best of the year - many great one-off sketches.

We are definitely a bunch of over-critical arses. (comedy fans in general I mean).
As soon as you give a show a bit of distance, you look back and it's always better than you remember.

Just like food lines they've discontinued. And TV shows in general.

Am I the only one who'd take a Generation Game, Big Break and Noel's House Party in place of any of that Strictly Come Dancing or other such rubbish?

Strictly Come Dancing definately does not live up to the promise of the title.

Quote: Winterlight @ September 17, 2007, 6:47 PM

I enjoy watching The Mitchell and Webb Look, although it is hit and miss at times.

I absolutely love The Green Clarinet sketch though, which was on last weeks repeat.

Anyone else like that one?

Very very funny. Some gems in that episode - Fish and Cushion, the Scooby Doo dinner party, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar. Yes, like all sketch shows, it is hit and miss, but when it works it is priceless.

Loved the biscuit sketch in one of the earlier episodes too! Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ September 17, 2007, 11:38 PM

Strictly Come Dancing definately does not live up to the promise of the title.

LOL Laughing out loud