New Dad's Army film Page 6

Re my earlier comments re the writers socio-political take - did anyone see the Croft and Perry series recently aired about them. I can recommend them. And Aaron weren't there two DA films already - one American funded and not great?

Quote: Marc P @ 7th January 2015, 1:55 PM GMT

And Aaron weren't there two DA films already - one American funded and not great?

I'm not aware of an American film. They definitely did a TV pilot though.

The American one was the film, I meant American produced and it showed. Funded and interfered with by Colombia. I was thinking there were two, but must just be this one, probably a little confused in memory as I seem to recall they refilled existing storylines and set up etc from the TV show. There was a one hour episode apparently but not sure what it was. I should check - I have all the scripts and episodes lol. The pilot was brilliant but was half an hour still I think. Brilliant set up of the characters and plot and probably the most worked on script of the entire run I should think.

I'm not sure if the original film did really suffer much. It seems to be widely regarded as one of the best adaptations of the period. There are a few lines re-used from the TV series, but it's sort of a prequel really, showing the early days and establishment of the LDV/Home Guard, rather than reusing storylines.

It was definitely one of the best sitcom to film adaptations, but it suffered a little bit structurally I felt, I thought it used more than a few lines but would have to watch it again. I shall find out what David and Jimmy made of it. I just hope they get a cracking story with the new film, the cast is maybe too good!!

Quote: george roper @ 7th January 2015, 1:51 PM GMT

Isn't the gorgeous Emily Atack in this film?

You and your spelling. Did you mean the enemy attack?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th January 2015, 7:15 PM GMT

You and your spelling. Did you mean the enemy attack?

Peg eight Chappers.

Quote: Aaron @ 10th December 2014, 4:35 PM GMT

Perhaps there are other titles filling up next year's release schedule that they think it would suffer against.

Marigold Hotel 2, for a start?

A colleague of mine is apparently going to a pre screening of this next week.

Well?

BTW why is Mrs Manwaring appearing???

Quote: Chappers @ 6th March 2015, 12:09 PM GMT

A colleague of mine is apparently going to a pre screening of this next week.

I've forgotten who that was now. That's senility for you!

Surely a pre-screening occurs just before release? It may be possible to see rushes, but less likely.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th May 2015, 8:56 AM BST

Surely a pre-screening occurs just before release? It may be possible to see rushes, but less likely.

That would be a preview screening. In this case it will be a test screening, to see how audiences receive the film and feed back into further editing before release.

Could this have had a test screening? It was a while ago that filming began.

Filming completed before Christmas.