Sketch group looking for male actors/writers

We're a London-based comedy sketch group who have been active for a few months and we're looking for male actors to round out our group.

You don't have to have a great deal of experience, as long as you're keen and committed (the committed part is particularly important). You're also welcome to contribute your own ideas.

We've filmed five sketches so far with one sent to a short comedy competition. We can send you a link to watch one if you're interested.
We're currently three women and one male who share acting and crew roles (Colin is mostly comfortable behind the camera, rather than in front of it - he has stepped in and acted when needed but is happier as a director).
We also meet regularly to brainstorm sketch ideas and write rough outlines.
If you are keen to commit to fortnightly meetings, read-throughs and filming sketches regularly, we'd love to meet with you.

We usually meet on a weeknight - Monday or Wednesday and film on a Saturday or Sunday - when we're all available.
PM us on the forum with a bit about yourself and let us know when you'd be free to meet up. We'd love to meet you! Any other questions feel free to ask us here.

Come up with a name for our group and you're automatically in - that's always a bit tricky. ;)

Siobhán, Colin, Laura and Holly.

awesome your like Charlies Comedy Angles

Hello, I'd be interested in this. Very brief bit of acting experience but plenty of sketch writing under my belt, and I often don't wear a belt so there's that.

I'm based up north but visit laandaan every two weeks, will be moving there hopefully before Christmas. If you wanna inbox me and let me know a bit more we can take it from there.

ash

Thanks Ash, I'm just heading out but will get back to you asap (in the next day or two at the latest). :)

Are you still lokking?

I'm aware that there is a key slip in the thread title, but unfortunately the forum settings do not allow users to edit topic titles - only posts. so there is nothing I can do about that.

But yes, if others are interested we'd still like to hear from them.

if you ask a moderator they will change it for you

Really? Thanks, I didn't know that. :D

hi guys

Still looking? I am very keen on getting involved with this

Steve

Hi, I'm a comedy writer and do sketches. Whereabouts are you based in London and can you give me an idea of your humour?
Many thanks
Roy Granville

I've just restarted my comedy site http://www.asktheanus.com/ and as an Essex boy, alright, alright, have another site called http://www.waynerite-walks.com/was wondering if this is the type of humour you're interested in...

Living close to London, I can can come up any time.

You can contact me at the e-mail links in either of the sites.

Hi, you group sounds good
Ive recently moved from bristol to london
i write plays films and have acted in theatre productions
and had some parts in music videos of recent
ive moved to london to pursue a career in acting and script writing
it would be great to meet with like minded people and get some work put together
im available evenings and weekends monday to wednesday would be great
look forward to hearing from you and meeting to make some good work

James

Jhogarth87@gmail.com

Quote: SH80 @ 6th October 2014, 8:19 PM BST

Come up with a name for our group and you're automatically in - that's always a bit tricky. ;)

How about...That's Always A Bit Tricky. I thank you. However meeting up might be a bit of a problem as I live about 100 miles away. Still, you could come to me Whistling nnocently

I'd be interested in talking more... My experience is only in being massive show off, but such is the foundation of all good actors. Also I have written many sketches with a friend of mine but had not had chance to record them.

Name of the group - Roach mango, and little roach crawling on a mango as a logo :P
I have some sketches written, and I have some experience on both sides of camera, as well a bit of experience in editing, I can also compose and play a few instruments, sketches might need music :)
Are you still looking for someone?