Gags for my Peterborough FM radio show...

The Saturday Morning Pick'n'Mix is a two hour radio show on www.peterborough.fm on - surprise, surprise - Saturday mornings. As it's exactly a year since the last one (and also because I promised Michael Monkhouse!) I've decided to do another BCG Jokefest. This broadcast will take place between 10:00am and 12:00pm on Saturday the 11th October.

Over the last few months we've done jokefests on Travel, Time, School/Education, Moving House and Animals. This time I'm after material based on the subject of...

PARENTING

I'm looking only for emailed or PMd gags and one-liners (no recordings) and the deadline for submissions is by 10.00pm next Thursday (9th October). If emailing please send to pleasuredome-pfm@hotmail.co.uk or PMd to me here on BCG.

I'm afraid I can't offer payment but it is at least a chance to have your material read out on air - you will of course be name checked in the show itself. Please tell me if you want to be credited with your actual or forum name.

I want to give everyone a chance so my aim is to include at least one joke per BCGer. I can't promise to include everyone but I shall do my very best. I occasionally take a liberty or two with material with minor tweaks but I'd rather get agreement between me and the writer before doing that. For that reason the sooner you can get your entries in the better.

If you have any questions then just ask away...

Awesome.

Thanks for replies so far - keep 'em coming! :)

Show page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1481449705459610/

I've got a list of gags but I haven't done the recording yet - if you want to supply a gag then PM me and I will add it to the list.

Ta.

Bit of a disaster yesterday. :(

Turned up at the studio and the computer system was down so couldn't play jingles and the streaming facility that allows the show to be broadcast over the internet was broken. On the desk all looked fine but it wasn't until I had a call to say they couldn't hear anything did I know there was a problem. The show at that point was just running off the mics and CD players and was passable but not ideal. I've since found out that the podcast failed too. :(

Eventually a tech guy turned up and we could broadcast over the net but the computer system was down and as I type it still is. I did playout the Jokefest with about 15 minutes of the show to go but the CD player chose that moment to start skipping.

Thanks to all people who provided submissions - I will send over an original MP3 file of the section so you have it on record (if you want it) :)

Tuumble IS Alan Partridge!

Laughing out loud

In the words of Oscar Wilde, bugger.

I'll PM people for contact emails re the MP3 later this week.