New idea

Hello everyone,

My idea is to create TV series called "The Depot", similar to "The Office". The audience is taken to an area with which they are unfamiliar, the train service depot in London. The UK Railway system is the oldest in the world, formed over 150 years ago, and has its own peculiarities. British Railways is one of those industries where the majority of staff dedicates decades of their lifetime to the business, progressing from one generation to the next, from parents to their children, and grandchildren, between relatives and their friends, and so forth. These days you might see it as one big middle class family with special, and often quite complicated, characters, very interesting to observe. Its spirit is unique and very different to anything I have experienced in my own life. From former lecturers to former military people; from English to Irish, from Jamaica to Eastern Europe; different mentalities and cultures, they are friends and enemies, or simply there, keeping themselves to themselves. There is happiness and sadness, comedy and drama, all in one place. It's the Depot, London, United Kingdom.

I am not a script writer, and do not intend to be one. - life is too short to learn everything. But I have a good idea and would be able to provide material for this project which I believe could do very well as a series in the TV industry. I am looking forward to finding the right script writer(s) who would be interested in working on this project so, if you think you are the one, please get in touch.

A bit about myself; I am Lithuanian, have a background in history of music, theatre and film. Back in Lithuania I was involved in many music projects as a song writer, singer, music producer and senior administrator at one of the theatres in Vilnius. Since moving to the UK in 2005 I have lived in a number of different areas, including east, central and west London, Hampshire and Surrey, and had many different jobs; I have worked in restaurants and factories, spent four and a half years working for a private medical insurance company (customer services and finance) in Farnham, Surrey, had a part time job in Chariots as their saunas manager, before joining British Railway, for whom I still work, in 2011. I am also a director and co-founder of a new project (tech start-up) which will reach fruition in just a few months time. Besides all the above I keep moving towards music and film, the passion and creative ideas that have led me all the way since I was a teen.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Richardas

Thread moved to Writers' Discussion. :)

This seems like an introduction to me, Aaron?

Buses have depots not trains, Richardus. It would need to be a small station so people could interact and you could film. I think mockumentaries might be on their way out?

Trains have got depots, and I do work at one of them. It has nothing to do with buses.
The idea is not about an interaction from outside. This is purely an internal thing.

What do you want out of it Richardas? Please be specific.

Marc, I am not sure whether your question is personally to me, or is it about the purpose of this project?

What do you want in terms of credit, revenue and etc from it?

Well, this is something I would be able discuss with my wife. Thanks

You sound like you have a very intimate relationship?

Quote: Richardas Vitkus @ 26th September 2014, 7:30 PM BST

Well, this is something I would be able discuss with my wife. Thanks

Oh I see it's a joke. Sorry! Duh. Be good to see her script when it is done. Will you post it here, or some of the scenes?

I am here to find a script writer

You speak in riddles sir, like a sphinx. If your wife isn't writing the script why will she do the deal with who gets what credit and what percentage the writer gets when the TV production company makes the programme? Is she a production accountant then? To be honest it doesn't sound like she is. Or are you just giving the idea away and helping with research to get it made?

Marc, my wife has nothing to do with this project. I gave you an answer to the question in the way you asked. I mean I can't tell you how much £££ "I want" to make. But I may let you know that once I have a script writer interested and capable to work well on this project, I will proceed with a business plan. Only after it's completed I would be able to provide you with the details such as revenues, etc. I hope it makes a sense.
Yes, I am giving away the idea with hope to find a talented script writer.

Not much Sense I am afraid. I am not going to write a script for you unless you are saying I will get 80 percent of revenues or fifty percent or forty percent or whatever it is the deal between us is to be. This makes solid business sense... Or did you just want amateurs like yourself to do it for some fun and see how you get on? Either is absolutely fine but I would want to know first before writing a script for you.

Sadly ideas are worth nothing.

There is nothing to stop anyone stealing the idea and simply writing it for themselves.