Internet blocking Software

Hello everybody

A few days ago I started using an internet blocking program called 'Selfcontrol' for mac - it basically blocks particular websites for a set amount of time. It works great, you choose your blocked websites and for how long and then you are free to work without distraction.

Unfortunately, however, after I have used it I can't login in to some sites (like this one).

So basically, I was just wondering if anyone had experience of this or could recommned a better one?

cheers.

I use Freedom

https://macfreedom.com

It blocks everything for a set amount of time - it's not selective.
Works very well.

Cheers Lazzard - so you haven't had any problems when you turn it off?

Can't you just disable the software? I'm not sure I'd find these programs useful.

Not with Selfcontrol. Even if you delete the software, you still can't access the set websites until the time is up.

And it's defo useful - for me anyway, I find it far too easy to drift away from my work to sites like this and facebook

Quote: Mikey88 @ 26th September 2014, 2:38 PM BST

Cheers Lazzard - so you haven't had any problems when you turn it off?

None.
But it cut's everything off - equivalent to turning off your router or whatever.
I find it indispensable.
I'll write more in 2 hours 'in communicado' than I will in six faffing about on the net/e-mails etc

Update

Have been using Selfcontrol for a few days now and it seems to have corrected it's initial errors and seems to work great. I prefer it to things like Freedom because I still want to be able to access some websites while I'm working and I also like to be downloading things while working.

Basically, I like it at the moment.

Quote: Mikey88 @ 30th September 2014, 7:19 PM BST

I still want to be able to access some websites while I'm working...

How are you spelling working...

I said working .... not masturbating.