QI - Series L

QI. Image shows from L to R: Alan Davies, Sandi Toksvig. Copyright: TalkbackThames.

QI

Panel game that contains lots of difficult questions and a large amount of quite interesting facts

Ian Wolf

• Thursday 18th September 2014, 6:16pm
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England
  • 2,837 posts

The 12th series of QI, covering everything interesting beginning with "L", starts on 3rd October.

jhmagic1

• Monday 6th October 2014, 10:04pm [Edited]
  • 329 posts

Sorry to say it's starting to loose its appeal for me. :(

italophile

• Tuesday 7th October 2014, 12:42pm
  • Italy
  • 213 posts

The headfirst plunge into smut continues.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 7th October 2014, 1:00pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 16,533 posts
Quote: jhmagic1 @ 6th October 2014, 10:04 PM BST

Sorry to say it's starting to loose its appeal for me. :(

About F for me, which seems appropriate - all pretty predictable. Annoyed

If you manage to stay to Z, then well done you.

Paul Wimsett

• Tuesday 7th October 2014, 1:04pm
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,313 posts
Quote: italophile @ 7th October 2014, 12:42 PM BST

The headfirst plunge into smut continues.

I didn't see any chimney sweeps at all... Geek

Gordon Bennett

• Saturday 11th October 2014, 9:56am
  • Basel, Switzerland
  • 19,184 posts

As I can't stand Munford and Vegas in the context of a panel show yeserday's edition of QI was lost from the start for me. :(

TheBlueNun

• Sunday 19th October 2014, 10:08am
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,537 posts

The smuttiness of the first episode of the series was raised in a letter to The Radio Times, apparently it received a huge number of complaints. Personally I put my foot through the TV and sent Sir Stephen Fry the bill.

Paul Wimsett

• Sunday 19th October 2014, 10:18am [Edited]
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,313 posts

I've never quite worked out why a magazine which is centred seems to have the Daily Mail's letter page.

Still more mention of soot...

TheBlueNun

• Sunday 19th October 2014, 1:00pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,537 posts

It's very 'The Voice of Middle England', it's on my bucket list of things to be published on though. I particularly enjoy the adverts at the back for stairlifts, walk-in baths and acrylic vestments.

Back to QI, I see that my obscure crush, Frank Skinner's on the panel next week. It always beats me why he's never featured before?

Edwin

• Sunday 19th October 2014, 2:58pm
  • Florida, United States
  • 205 posts

The Alan Davies' buzzer joke really isn't funny or clever or anything good anymore.

The really should drop it.

ScotiaNova

• Monday 20th October 2014, 12:08pm [Edited]
  • Scotland
  • 324 posts
Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th October 2014, 1:00 PM BST

Back to QI, I see that my obscure crush, Frank Skinner's on the panel next week. It always beats me why he's never featured before?

I'm sure he has, got a memory of them getting the ukulele out . . . according to Wiki he's been on twice which I think includes next week's appearance . . .

TheBlueNun

• Monday 20th October 2014, 1:06pm [Edited]
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,537 posts
Quote: ScotiaNova @ 20th October 2014, 12:08 PM BST

I'm sure he has, got a memory of them getting the ukulele out . . . according to Wiki he's been on twice which I think includes next week's appearance . . .

Ooh, uke time! Looking forward to that :D

TheBlueNun

• Monday 20th October 2014, 2:07pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,537 posts

Thank you for the link, I have odd recollections of the episode. Strange that he's not on more really?

ScotiaNova

• Monday 20th October 2014, 3:10pm [Edited]
  • Scotland
  • 324 posts
Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th October 2014, 2:07 PM BST

Thank you for the link, I have odd recollections of the episode. Strange that he's not on more really?

Only so many slots for so many guests . . . then again they are overdoing it with the Australians virtually no one here has heard of (guess to placate the big Oz audience the show attracts) . . . some guests intentionally not doing it, Sean Lock hasn't been on it in years, but people think he's on it all the time due to repeats . . . personally I'd like to see more of Jim Moir on it and Rich Hall was another early regular who seems to have fallen off their guest list . . .