Anti-Duhring Battalion Show

Stumbling down another set of sweaty stairs in the Edinburgh festival to be closed in by a bar and a row of slightly scary looking comedians staring out of the shaddowy darkness is a norm for August in Edinburgh. What I did not expect to find is an original comedy set up like the Anti-Duhring Battalion Show. I was edgily brought into this strange man's tension and laughter was teased out of me like Bartok and soaped up ballet dancers on Ritalin. Bit by bit the scene engulfed me and the rest of the audience as the lines unravelled. Yes, I enjoyed this. Yes, it was good to see a premiss that I had never seen before. Yes, send this guy back up to do more in Edinburgh. Scotland

Nothing to do with you is it?

No, I am in a different game altogether. Are you interested in community education ?

Very bored with repetitive derivative shows in the Edinburgh festival so I thought I would speak up about something which I thought was worthwhile. Edinburgh has become a stomping ground for comedy dominating the arts festival and I am weary of it.