How to spell those little interjections Page 2

OK, so lets suppose I wasn't just showing you my big knife and asking you to identify it but I had become a maniac and was chasing you with the knife. Like the knife was frightening for you. Some kind of threat?

And if you made a fearful / screaming type noise that sounded like it could be spelt, 'Arrr'. How would you actually spell that word?

You would simply let the actor act the emotional reaction dear boy. In script just put it in stage directions. Likewise in prose.

yes but what in a story, like a novel?

Basically my character is advertising an old people's home and so he designs an advert which he thinks is nice, he says, 'put the "arrr" in care home.' So he and the reader are supposed to think it's 'arrr' as in kittens but then at the end the reveal is that it's more 'arrr' as in screaming

That would be prose lol. Ahh, in care home, nice. Aaaah! Not nice.

Right, prose, got you..

It's always a learning day. :)

it's "Aaargh". It's always been Aaargh!

T'asnt!

You are thinking of Uurgh!

Ah, oh, ow, eh, um, er, all very useful in scrabble.

Quote: Tiggy @ 21st September 2014, 9:54 PM BST

Ah, oh, ow, eh, um, er, all very useful in scrabble.

David carried on playing the game as smoothly as he could. Nobody seemed to notice that he'd fallen down the stairs.

Also - Another one, how would you spell 'Eee' - as in 'Eee that is right good that is'

I'm thinking Eeh - or is that more of an 'Eh' ?

I can't understand why people are saying "how do you spell ???" and then actually spelling it.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd September 2014, 10:39 PM BST

I can't understand why people are saying "how do you spell ???" and then actually spelling it.

I can't understand why people aren't laughing at my falling down the stairs joke.

Any offers on how to spell that noise you make when you produce something in the manner of a magic trick.
My best guess is "Ta-daam!"

No 'M' .

Ta-daa!

OK - I'll buy that.