The Switzerland Thread Page 24

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th June 2016, 5:55 PM BST

Let's annoy the frogs tonight! Pirate

Impressed by just how many of the Swiss team have surnames ending in a vowel.

Halftime:

Switzerland v. France 0-0

Albania v. Romania 1-0

Thank you, Albaaaaania!

Gordon Bennett and Norman Wisdom love you!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th June 2016, 8:50 PM BST

Halftime:

Switzerland v. France 0-0

Albania v. Romania 1-0

Thank you, Albaaaaania!

Gordon Bennett and Norman Wisdom love you!

The Albanian score can't be accurate because it would mean that HGT's rant was entirely inappropriate.

Well done, guys! Hopp Schwiz!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th June 2016, 8:48 PM BST

Impressed by just how many of the Swiss team have surnames ending in a vowel.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th June 2016, 3:28 PM BST

Look at the names of some of the Swiss, Shaqiri, Mehmedi, Xhaka...typical Albanian names. They all have Albanian roots.

Ah yes, the splendidly named Granit Xhaka. He's now with the Gooners.

I expect his song will be to the tune of Frere Jacques but don't know what the words will be. Something like Granit Xhake, Granit Xhake, Congrats You, Congrats You, Can You Hear us Tottenham, Can You Hear Us Tottenham, You are Shite, You are Shite, Aaaaaarrrgh.

Replica Swiss shirts can be bought from Andex.

I do not have antagonistic views towards Spurs myself of course.

Back on topic, the fact that the non EU Swiss team is full of non EU Albanians is fascinating is it not.

So, Poland is our next opponent. No easy task, but not impossoble either. Very looking forward to it.

GORDON!! You lucky bastard.....................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3656541/Fellatio-cafe-customers-receive-oral-sex-drink-40-coffee-opened-Geneva.html

So is Switzerland not in the EU?

Quote: zooo @ 24th June 2016, 2:35 PM BST

So is Switzerland not in the EU?

No. We had a referendum in the early 90s but the people were against an entry into the EU. We have several bilateral contracts though which allow us to participate in the common market but we have no say in the way Europe is.

You will have to negotiate such contracts as well in the near future I think. But be prepared Brussels is a hard negotiator. A few years ago the Swiss people decided to regain control over immigration via a legislative initiative...the EU called us contract breaker (which, to be fair, we probably are) and threatened us with the loss of lots of privileges. No sod knows what really happens if the Swiss legislative introduces a law for limiting immigration. Some say the EU needs us more than we need the EU and will negotiate new contracts. Less optimistic voices say the EU drops us and lets us impoverish. This whole thing hangs over our heads like the sword of damocles.

What a goal by Shakira 1-1

Love a penalty shoot out when other teams are involved. :D

Best of luck Gordon!

Oh well, never mind. :(

Feck!

Poor Gordon :(