Inside Industries - Free events for screenwriters

Thursday 18 September- Screenwriting

3pm - 4.30pm
Script Development Workshop with Script Boutique

Learn how to get your script read and discovered in this introductory workshop with Script Boutique.

4.30pm - 6pm
Writing Comedy Q&A

Dan Mazer and Ingrid Oliver are well versed in creating top-notch British Comedy, receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Join us for a discussion about their careers and pick up some top tips that they've learnt along the way.

Tickets for these FREE events can be booked here: www.deptfordlounge.org.uk/inside-industries

---
Inside Industries is a free series of talks, screenings and workshops aimed at recent graduates and young creatives. Covering areas from creative business to filmmaking and scriptwriting; it is designed to give participants practical skills, tips and inspiration with which to pursue their chosen career path.

Inside Industries is a free series of talks, screenings and workshops aimed at recent graduates and young creatives.

Bugger!

Yep, that counts me out too.

It would be quite funny to ring up with the following series of questions:

Them: Hello, Deptford Lounge?
Me: I was thinking of coming to your lecture.
Them: yes?
Me: Is it alright that I'm Gay?
Them:(outraged) of course! Diversity is our middle name.
Me: And black?
Them: Don't be ridiculous - our equality record is peerless.
Me: And will you have room for my wheelchair.
Them: Deptford Lounge prides it self on it's accessibility to all
Me: And it's alright that I'm middle-aged...?
Them: Click....brrrr.....

This is not aimed at the OP, but I do find it ironic that I tend to see or hear that careers in humour are for the 'yoof' and those of us who are a lot older are seemingly excluded or in some cases considered past it.
Not that I consider myself old at 42 but I know that I am much wiser, experienced and funnier at this age than I ever was in my later teens or early 20s. Its a mystery.

I think Lazzard has it right. If age is looking a barrier just remind the org that you are also a black, lesbian, handicapped, war veteran, transvestite, care provider, dyslexic individual who is currently in a nationally recognised recovery program for drug and alcohol dependency and has been recommend for an MBE for rescuing sick children from a huge blaze.

To be fair, on looking at the event it seems to be more of a careers advice day aimed at students.
Which shouldn't take long, as the only honest advice you can give a wannabe writer is 'Don't'.
:)

Old people have had their life. As Dennis Waterman sings "You can't teach an old dog brand new tricks."

And because you're a graduate you are clearly more intelligent.