A Touch Of Cloth III: Too Cloth For Comfort

A Touch Of Cloth. Image shows from L to R: Jack Cloth (John Hannah), Anne Oldman (Suranne Jones). Copyright: Zeppotron.

A Touch Of Cloth

Spoof crime drama following a series of murders and the emotionally stunted detective investigating them

DougWonnacott

• Saturday 9th August 2014, 4:57pm [Edited]
  • Norwich, England
  • 1,059 posts

Couldn't see a thread for this so here it is.

Personally I loved series 1 (if you can really call 2 episodes a series) and had mixed feelings about series 2.

It's on tonight, Thoughts?

Aaron

• Sunday 10th August 2014, 12:24am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,339 posts

I too loved the first case (that's what I'm going with, not series) and found myself not quite as pro-Case 2. III is marvellous though, as I hope you'll have seen by now.

I should point out though, that both I and III, I was lucky enough to see at preview screenings with hundreds of other people laughing along too, whilst II I didn't. So that may have influenced my initial feelings about II.

I really think it benefits from being watched as a 90-minute movie rather than 2x 60m (with ads), too.

Ben

• Sunday 10th August 2014, 12:38am
  • England
  • 18,350 posts

Yes, it's always good watching these things with a big crowd.

I forgot this was on tonight! Damn it!

shaggy292

• Sunday 10th August 2014, 10:22pm
  • London, England
  • 1,736 posts

For sheer enjoyment, A Touch Of Cloth may well be my favourite comedy of the last ten years.

I love it, love it, love it. I only wish each 'series' came along more regularly.

fasty

• Wednesday 13th August 2014, 5:38pm
  • Derbys, England
  • 301 posts

Not being a Murdoch minion this had completely passed me by until I spotted this thread - thank you so much Wave

I've managed to get all three 'series' and just laughed all through #1. I'm definitely a case for the OCD Pause Button Ward

Mikey88

• Wednesday 13th August 2014, 5:52pm
  • Altrincham, India
  • 452 posts

No way, I've never even heard of this, going to try and get hold of it

Ben

• Wednesday 13th August 2014, 6:26pm
  • England
  • 18,350 posts

I watched the first episode of this the other day, but couldn't really get into it. Will give the second episode a go...

fasty

• Thursday 14th August 2014, 9:37am
  • Derbys, England
  • 301 posts

'Series' 2 was a bit m'eh I thought but loved #3 :)

DougWonnacott

• Thursday 14th August 2014, 11:13pm
  • Norwich, England
  • 1,059 posts

Just watched the new one. Better than 2, but not as good as 1.

Agnostik

• Monday 18th August 2014, 2:50am
  • St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
  • 181 posts

That Danish joke... a spoof of predictable comedy turn in the middle of the crime drama spoof. How meta can you get?

Old Lady Leg

• Thursday 14th February 2019, 5:21pm
  • Complete and utter Kent, United Kingdom
  • 449 posts

I've been going through these again and I'm laughing as much as I did first time round. The absurdity of it all is so wonderfully overwhelming. I found all six episodes on Now TV. Very happy indeed.

Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack... hahahaha!

Sixty3closure

• Sunday 31st March 2019, 12:31am
  • W1A, Scotland
  • 93 posts

Bought the DVD and as other have said Series One was great and Two pretty poor in comparison. Three was a return to form although not quite there.